Need Help! G Code CNC to Wood Router G Code

Thread: G Code CNC to Wood Router G Code

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Exclamation G Code CNC to Wood Router G Code

Help Please! I am very new into this world of CNC/G Code. We currently operate a flash cut table, that has a wood router attachment. I don't know enough about taking a G Code from our program, which we use for the plasma machine. When I try to copy the G-code, into the software for the wood router, I don't have the ability to set the depth or spindle speed etc. If anyone has any suggestions, or has used the Flash Cut software, I would greatly appreciate the help!

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: G Code CNC to Wood Router G Code

Don't even think about firing up the machine until you know a bit more about the process-it could get expensive!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I Understand G Code, its more the software itself I require assistance with. The files are DXF however when importing it into FlashCut Software for Routering, I am lost.

Downloads
    Uploads

Tried calling the Flashcut Support folks?

Downloads
    Uploads

I don't know Flashcut.I do know a few other pieces of software and one of the obvious differences between plasma and router use is that you will need to define the tool and it's feed and speed parameters.Another is that you may need to specify cutting depth as the spindle may not have the power to cut all the way through the workpiece in one pass.Do you perhaps have a software module missing?

Downloads
    Uploads

A G-code program written for plasma-cutting is not going to work for routing. As you've noticed, the plasma G-code doesn't need to set spindle speed, and won't send the tool to the correct depths. You should get a CAM program and run the DXF through it to generate a G-code file that will do what you want - it should be able to cut out a part leaving the outside dimensions intact, instead of taking the radius of the tool out of the piece, as a program that just sent the tool down a linear path would, Make sure you choose a CAM program that has a Flashcut post-processor you can use to customize the output for your machine.

[FONT=Verdana]Andrew Werby[/FONT]
    [URL="http://www.computersculpture.com/"]Website[/URL]