What is the “Detailed format classification” of the ISO 6983

Thread: What is the “Detailed format classification” of the ISO 6983

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default What is the “Detailed format classification” of the ISO 6983

Hello :-)

I am attempting to develop the G-code parser for my little CNC. For this purpose, I got the ISO 6983-1:2009 standard and I am trying to understand all the little details of it. However, I struggle to understand the annex C about what they call "Detailed format classification", which is referenced all around in the text:

A classification of the data in a block shall be used to specify the programming detail for a system and machine configuration. This is called the detailed format classification and is described in Annex C.
    Zero omission shall be specified in the detailed format classification (see Annex C).
    The number of digits shall be designated by the detailed format classification ( see Annex C).

It seem this "Detailed format classification" is sort of a definition of the machine on which the program will run. But in this case, I do not understand why this is something part of the program and not some values of the control system.

My question is: What exactly is this "Detailed format classification"?

• Is it part of the program?
    • What is it purpose?

Thanks in advance for any hint/help.

What is the “Detailed format classification” of the ISO 6983-annexc-jpg