G13 vs G2 G3 for precision hole

Thread: G13 vs G2 G3 for precision hole

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default G13 vs G2 G3 for precision hole

Does anyone have experience in using both G13 and G2 G3 for circular interpolation. I'm wondering if one is better then the other for precision holes. Does one of them produce a rounder hole ?

Thanks.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: G13 vs G2 G3 for precision hole

The roundness of the hole is more dependant on the mechanical condition/resolution of the machine than the G code used to create the hole. You can create a nice round hole with all G1 moves. If you need a perfect hole, then boring/reaming are the prefered methods. On my machine I can count on the hole being about 0.0005'' large when measured across the 4:00 o'clock - 10:00 o'clock vector, doesn't really matter what size the hole is. As near as I can tell this is a function of some backlash in the Y axis.

Jim Dawson
    Sandy, Oregon, USA

Downloads
    Uploads

hello

@ avmcnc : if you wish to deliver a nice hole, regardless of machine condition, check this out : Vulcanaire

@ jim dawson : please, how do you measure at 4-10 ? do you use the machine probe ?

kindly !

we are merely at the start of " Internet of Things / Industrial Revolution 4.0 " era : a mix of AI, plastics, human estrangement, powerful non-state actors ...

Downloads
    Uploads

You could have marked the origin on the figure. It saves time, and program verification becomes intuitive.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by deadlykitten View Post
    hello

@ avmcnc : if you wish to deliver a nice hole, regardless of machine condition, check this out : Vulcanaire

@ jim dawson : please, how do you measure at 4-10 ? do you use the machine probe ?

kindly !

I use calipers, snap gauges, or inside mic depending on the job and accuracy required.

Jim Dawson
    Sandy, Oregon, USA