Fadal programming question

Thread: Fadal programming question

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Fadal programming question

I just finally was allowed to buy a VMC, I would up with a Fadal 3016 88HS from 1994. I have experience with HAAS programming, and before I start to look at CAM software I want to make sure I get the basics for Fadal worked out. This question is related to pocket milling, HAAS has a G12/G13 pocket milling fixed canned cycle with a "L" value that repeats the pocket milling "L" (value specified by L) times. So a .200 deep pocket with a .050 depth would have an "L" value of 4. Does Fadal have any type of pocket milling repeat value for the L9601 or L9701 rectangular milling? I need to make a .5 deep pocket but I do not want to try to do it all in one depth pass, I would also like to avoid having to manually type the L9601 cycle 8 times.

I think I may have found what I was looking for. I would just like someone who knows the operation to comment so I don't start making holes in things that shouldn't have them. The section is for calling up a subroutine L
    iikk. Would changing the kk value just repeat the sub routine that many times as HAAS's "L" value does for G12/13? Does it make a difference that L96 and L97 are subs in the control vs writing my own sub routines? The information is at the link below.

https://flintmachine.com/images/uplo...ubroutines.pdf