Need Help! Send machine Home

Thread: Send machine Home

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Send machine Home

I am a service guy trying to create a tool change macro to change a tools on my mill. My machine is a Makino FNC-106 with a 0mB control. We lost all the parameters and programs, including tool change. I have the machine running now but it will not go home to change tools. this is what my tool change program looks like (I created it from scratch):
    G80
    M9
    G91 G30 Z0 M5
    G30 X0 Y0 M19
    T#115 (this looks up the tool called up in the program [T1M6])
    M6

The problem I am having is when it reads the M30 (or a M28) it will pick up the G54 offset (z-1.5) and try to overtravel in Z. If I have G54 blank it will work OK. I need the G54 to set the hight of my part. I can not change this since all my programs are like this and this is how it ran before I lost everything. I have another CNC a Max 3 with a 0mC control and in the macro it calls out the G30 Z0 and it will go home without looking at the work coordinates.

How can send this machine to the home position on Z-axis each time to do a tool change???? I need to send it home no mater what I have in the G53, g54, g55......... Is there another way to program a 0mB control to go Home?

Any help would be great.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Send machine Home

Quote Originally Posted by ScottEagle View Post
    I am a service guy trying to create a tool change macro to change a tools on my mill. My machine is a Makino FNC-106 with a 0mB control. We lost all the parameters and programs, including tool change. I have the machine running now but it will not go home to change tools. this is what my tool change program looks like (I created it from scratch):
    G80
    M9
    G91 G30 Z0 M5
    G30 X0 Y0 M19
    M6

The problem I am having is when it reads the M30 (or a M28) it will pick up the G54 offset (z-1.5) and try to overtravel in Z. If I have G54 blank it will work OK. I need the G54 to set the hight of my part. I can not change this since all my programs are like this and this is how it ran before I lost everything. I have another CNC a Max 3 with a 0mC control and in the macro it calls out the G30 Z0 and it will go home without looking at the work coordinates.

How can send this machine to the home position on Z-axis each time to do a tool change???? I need to send it home no mater what I have in the G53, g54, g55......... Is there another way to program a 0mB control to go Home?

Any help would be great.
    You need a Post-Script for the CAM.
    What CAM do you use? Maybe look for a Tutorial or Guide by doing an online search.

Website [url]http://whatisacnc.com[/url]

Downloads
    Uploads

Irrespective of the active WCS or the values stored in them, G91 G28 Z0 would always send the tool to Z home, directly from the current position.
    Verify in MDI mode.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by sinha_nsit View Post
    Irrespective of the active WCS or the values stored in them, G91 G28 Z0 would always send the tool to Z home, directly from the current position.
    Verify in MDI mode.
    Yes on my other machines it will send the Z-axis home not looking at what value is in the work shift or G54. My other machine is a 0mC control. This control will pick up the G54 and send it to that home first and then to the Machine home. If I program a G91G28Z0 and I have G54=z1.6 it will try to go 1.6 past home and overtravel. This is my problem.

- - - Updated - - -

Not using a CAM just trying to send the machine home without any offsets.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

If you are running Mach3 be sure that the appropriate checkmark is set when homing. If your machine does not zero the DRO in machine coordinates therein lies your problem.

This whole thread illustrates the need to backup.

Downloads
    Uploads

I do not have the answer to your problem. Please do share when you come to know the reason. Some parameter issue, I guess.

It may have something to do with length compensation? Retract the tool to a safe height, cancel length compensation (G49), then try G91 G28 Z0 again. Does it solve the problem?

Downloads
    Uploads

Yes you should always back up the machine every year. Old backups get lost, misplaced, on an old computer that was thrown out. A good backup can be the difference in up and running in hours/ days / (or with backup) weeks.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by ScottEagle View Post
    G80
    M9
    G91 G30 Z0 M5
    G30 X0 Y0 M19
    M6

Any help would be great.
    It's probably a typo, but you have G30 in your home line, not G28. Or maybe that's correct on a Makino. I mostly run Haas, so I could be wrong. On a Haas, you can use G53 to work in machine coordinates for one line (so G0 G90 G53 Z0 would send you to machine Z0 home, even if G54 was active, and then G54 goes back to active on the next line). If something like that isn't available, could you use one work offset solely for tool change position, and call that in your sub-routine?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Fletch_CNC View Post
    It's probably a typo, but you have G30 in your home line, not G28. Or maybe that's correct on a Makino. I mostly run Haas, so I could be wrong. On a Haas, you can use G53 to work in machine coordinates for one line (so G0 G90 G53 Z0 would send you to machine Z0 home, even if G54 was active, and then G54 goes back to active on the next line). If something like that isn't available, could you use one work offset solely for tool change position, and call that in your sub-routine?
    This is what i use in other machines. I have a customer with the same machine that lost all the parameters and they dont have a backup could you please send me a copy from that machine?
    FNC106 with OM control

O9001(TOOL CHANGE)
    G0G91G28Z0M9
    G30X0Y0M20
    G90
    M6
    M1
    M99