G41 and G42 How are works ? - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: G41 and G42 How are works ?

Downloads
    Uploads

Actually, the D is optional in Format 1... ... The H word is used for both tool length and tool comp.
    I dont know about all this FADAL stuff, but in FANUCLAND if you Leave out the H word out on a G43 ... The F WORD IS MANDATORY

Wee aim to please ... You aim to ... PLEASE.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

different
    ive always used radius comp on the fanuc and okuma control
    systems.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default I would have to look at the code again.

Originally posted by Rekd
    Actually, the D is optional in Format 1...

'Rekd teh .02
    One program needed two diameter offsets for one tool. One for the inside and another for the outside cut. At first I used a D word for the second diameter. But for some reason it didn't work. So I substuted the H word. And it was just fine. The second length offset value was ignored and only the second diameter was activated. I will have to look at the code to see what it was I did. (Just as a precaution I have the operators place a correct TLO in the second offset anyway.)

I have not re-tested the problem, but I believe that if I use the D word in the same place I use the second H word, it would work there.

But this is what I believe here. The intial H word call sets the tool length and dia. A second H word call only sets the dia. If the alternet D word is place in the same block as the intial H word, only the intial H word dia will take affect. If the alternet D word is used later in the same block as the G41, then the new dia should take affect. By following the standard fromat G41 X0 D1

On the Haas mill I place the D word in the same block as the H word. And because it is modal it works at the time of the G41/G42 call. But the Haas mill more closly follows the Fanuc standard.

The standard for programming a G41 is to place the D word in the same block as the tool comp call. Like G41 X0 D1

I have even seen it done where the G41 is in a block by itself, and the next move block does the offset. The D word being called before the G41.

When in doubt, always follow the standard. On the Fadal using the standard Fanuc format for tool comp, will work in format 1.

Last edited by Paul_S; 08-06-2003 at 01:29 AM.
    Safety - Quality - Production.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Just for the record:

ALL OF YOU ARE RIGTH!

Yes, the cnc industry does'nt have a "100% standard" of how to do things and that's why we find this "little" diferences between two machines, same brand, same model, same evrything, BUT, an m code over here, a g code ovether. and us, machinist end up pulling whatever hair we have left in our heads; until the boss calls the saleman and he tells him what to use. The explanation I was given once, is that sometimes it has to do with the control softwere versions. Go figures!!.
    The safe way to go(when not old format is available) is, to do a test cut about .125 deep in a piece of scrap or at the top of the part ( if possible ).And go from there.

Best Regards,

GOMEZ107

Downloads
    Uploads

Last edited by Paul_S on 08-04-2003 at 10:48 PM

Why: Oh, I forgot to turn off the coolant
    LOL @ Paul! Good one!

'Rekd teh ROFLMAO

Matt
    San Diego, Ca

___ o o o_
    [l_,[_____],
    l---L - □lllllll□-
    ( )_) ( )_)--)_)

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: G41 and G42 How are works ?

In My Fanuc tool offsets list, my tool 5 radius data is stored in registry 035. would i call it like: T5 H1 G41 D35?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12