3axis and 4axis

Thread: 3axis and 4axis

Downloads
    Uploads

Default 3axis and 4axis

Hi everyone, I'm about to buy my very first hobbistic cnc machine. I need some advice from the kind of you that will replay. Budget money is 2000 euros. Should I go for a 4axis (rotary) or 3axis? I mean, can a 4axis machine be used to handle a project that requires a 3axis machine? My pc doesn't have a parallel port, can an adaptor do the job? Thank you and sorry for these silly questions!

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: 3axis and 4axis

A USB to parallel port adaptor made for printers will not work

Motion controllers like UC100 or Smooth stepper that emulates a printerport will

which CNC machines have you been looking at ?

John

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Shadow - You get a 4th axis (rotary axis I presume ) if you need one. If you are not going to do rotary work then 3 axis is the go. I recommend you get a system that uses the USB port not the printer port. $2000euro gets you a lot of hobby machine. What sort of things do you want to make? Peter

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi! I was aware of this "parallel" or "usb" problem. I saw this machine ht*ps://w*w.youtube.com/watch?v=OFePQIMNwSo and I was wondering if I should buy a similar one with 3axis or 4axis. My question is... is the fourth axis a module you can unplug at will or it's just fixed and you have to stick to 4axis projects. Since the difference in price is not a big deal between a 3axis and the 4axis I mean. If I can have a machine flexibile enough to handle 3axis projects as well as the 4axis ones, I will buy it of course.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Shadow - The fourth axis only works if it gets signals. So if your doing a 3 axis job only 3 work. If doing 4, 4 work. The above link does not work. If you have a rotary axis it can be installed and removed from the bed. In which case its not connected so does not work. Peter

Downloads
    Uploads

Thank you very much peteeng, that's the answer I was looking for. Sorry, Here's the link
    Now the last thing I'm concerned about, "machining precision". I'm not able to evaluate this, and yet I would gladly toss extra bucks for... let's say... a good recirculating ball screw that doesn't wear out in a couple of days...

Said that, it's funny how you can find the same specifications for a 6040 usb 4axis machine with prices that can range anything between 1000€ and 8000€

Downloads
    Uploads

ok, I think I'll get this one
    https://www.amazon.it/BTdahong-Affet...gateway&sr=8-7

Would this be a good choice?

Downloads
    Uploads

My pc doesn't have a my ip birthday wishes tneb parallel port, can an adaptor do the job? Thank you and sorry for these silly questions!

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by shadowen View Post
    Hi everyone, I'm about to buy my very first hobbistic cnc machine. I need some advice from the kind of you that will replay. Budget money is 2000 euros. Should I go for a 4axis (rotary) or 3axis? I mean, can a 4axis machine be used to handle a project that requires a 3axis machine? My pc doesn't have a parallel port, can an adaptor do the job? Thank you and sorry for these silly questions!
    I was aware of this "parallel" or "usb" problem. I saw this machine ht*ps://w*w.youtube.com/watch?v=OFePQIMNwSo and I was wondering if I should buy a similar one with 3axis or 4axis.

Last edited by burs; 02-05-2020 at 10:43 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads

I bought the same with 3axis and it seems still ok. My husband use it

Downloads
    Uploads

Use system port not USB port

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by shadowen View Post
    Thank you very much peteeng, that's the answer I was looking for. Sorry, Here's the link
    Now the last thing I'm concerned about, "machining precision". I'm not able to evaluate this, and yet I would gladly toss extra bucks for... let's say... a good recirculating ball screw that doesn't wear out in a couple of days...

Said that, it's funny how you can find the same specifications for a 6040 usb 4axis machine with prices that can range anything between 1000€ and 8000€
    I have some updates regarding using it. My opinion 4axis and 3axis are different types for me it's better to have 3axis one

Last edited by burs; 02-05-2020 at 09:37 AM.