I need advice from someone who knows how apprenticeship works in Ontario, Canada

Thread: I need advice from someone who knows how apprenticeship works in Ontario, Canada

Downloads
    Uploads

Exclamation I need advice from someone who knows how apprenticeship works in Ontario, Canada

I need advice from someone who knows how apprenticeship and the industry works in Ontario Canada, but all opinions are appreciated. I am about to graduate from a small private CNC college as a CNC programmer. Should I take the Ministry's route and backtrack to the necessary prerequisite General Machinist apprenticeship which is I think about a year, before moving on to a CNC programming apprenticeship? Is this the more official and beneficial route over the long term or will I save time taking the best job I can get as a result of going to this school which basically gave me some introductory G-code literacy and some solid grounding in Mastercam as my two major proficiencies.

My fantasy scenario is that i complete the General Machinist 429A apprenticeship speedily in less time than is expected and proceed to my CNC 670C apprenticeship all at one good company. Is that conceivable?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: I need advice from someone who knows how apprenticeship works in Ontario, Canada

Do it you won't ever regret the time in school.
    20yrs from now you can be a VP of mfg. no sweat says those who have done that.

Been doing this too long