apprenticeship

Thread: apprenticeship

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello
    Can anybody tell me if the apprenticeship as a machine- and facility operator is in demand?

The qualification covers the attendance of a metal basic training course. Furthermore I would acquire the basic knowledge of the measuring technique, conventional chipping, turning technique, milling technique, CNC chipping technique, pneumatic system, hydraulics system, E-technique, controlling technique, quality management Q/ QA, electronic data processing, Business and social studies, REFA work preparation and production planning. During the work experience I will learn the application and implementation of working processes and QM systems.

Regards Rainer

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi

I can’t tell you if the job is still in demand. However, I can tell how your prospects will look with the apprenticeship in your pocket.

From my previous firm I can tell you the following: A machine- and facility operator is a ‘slimmed’ version of an industrial mechanic. The apprenticeship only takes 2 ½ years. You can’t expect too much from the stuff you will learn about controlling techniques (pneumatic- and hydraulics system) as well as about E- technique. Usually you only learn the basics. Also the chipping is not thought in much detail. The job is usually meant for high school dropouts. I don’t want to offend anybody but that’s how it is!

It all depends in what kind of firm you want to work. If you are lucky you get completely assisted so that you can set up machines and all that... however if you are unlucky you might just press buttons all day. Usually you have somebody that supervises you..

Best regards

Stefan

Downloads
    Uploads

Question Newie

Quote Originally Posted by cnc-6824-Rainer View Post
    Hello
    Can anybody tell me if the apprenticeship as a machine- and facility operator is in demand?

The qualification covers the attendance of a metal basic training course. Furthermore I would acquire the basic knowledge of the measuring technique, conventional chipping, turning technique, milling technique, CNC chipping technique, pneumatic system, hydraulics system, E-technique, controlling technique, quality management Q/ QA, electronic data processing, Business and social studies, REFA work preparation and production planning. During the work experience I will learn the application and implementation of working processes and QM systems.

Regards Rainer
    Hi! I'm new in this busines. How I get some tutorial and .mcam archives to learn by myself?
    Thaks!

Downloads
    Uploads

Originally Posted by cnc-6824-Rainer

Hi, I'm loooking for an apprenticeship in Cedar Valley. I finished the CNC Machining Short-Term Training Program at Hawkeye Community College 3 years ago and then took a break because my son was born and I had to help my wife. Is the certificate still valid to get an employment or an apprenticeship as a CNC machinist here?

Last edited by burs; 02-06-2020 at 02:59 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Luke, I worked for STOBER Drives Inc in Maysville last year as an apprentice after my graduation (Bridgwater & Taunton College in the UK). But I had to take up another course of CNC Machining management (mandatory requirement from the employer).

Downloads
    Uploads

Originally Posted by ursbucher

Hi Luke, I worked for STOBER Drives Inc in Maysville last year as an apprentice after my graduation (Bridgwater & Taunton College in the UK). But I had to take up another course of CNC Machining management (mandatory requirement from the employer).
    If you're looking for a job in Iowa, you may check this one: CNC Machinist/Programmer in Blackhawk Systems Tooling in Waterloo.

Last edited by burs; 02-25-2020 at 05:41 AM.