Anyone have the Freedom Patriot 4x4 CNC and what do you think of it?

Thread: Anyone have the Freedom Patriot 4x4 CNC and what do you think of it?

Default Anyone have the Freedom Patriot 4x4 CNC and what do you think of it?

Im thinking of this purchase in the near future.
    Is there anything to be aware of ?
    The top is one or the other, vac or clamp, no hybrid.
    Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Freedom Patriot 4x4 CNC

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Anyone have the Freedom Patriot 4x4 CNC and what do you think of it?-fmt-4x4-cutout-made-usa-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Anyone have the Freedom Patriot 4x4 CNC and what do you think of it?

Y axis helical rack ? how about spindle power ? control system ?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Anyone have the Freedom Patriot 4x4 CNC and what do you think of it?

The company I worked for had 2 of the 4x8 models, and my current company has a 5x10 on the way. All 3 axis have ball screws, no rack and pinion. We had a 10hp spindle on the 2 I used, had no power issues cutting wood, plastic or aluminum, very sturdy spindle. The controls are Fagor, very robust and fairly easy to program using standard G-code, it has drill canned cycles and macros available on it. If your doing lots of repeatable parts you can do linear and rotation patterns on the control. We did a lot of counterbored holes, so I would program one and then repeat it multiple times for the others. Go to Fagors website and download the programing guide, but it's on par with the Fanuc and Haas controllers.

Downloads
    Uploads

Malish,

What Cad/Cam software are you using?

Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads

I have a 4x8 patriot on ebay for sale. It is a very well built machine. Mine has an aluminum vac bed with t slots for clamping, so I'm sure that would still be an option on a new one. And the guy that asked about design software, I use aspire, but most programs have a post for the fagor controller.