FMT feedback

Thread: FMT feedback

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default FMT feedback

We're looking into purchasing a new machine, 48x96 with ATC and vacuum table. We mainly cut smaller parts out of thin cast acrylic, and tolerances are generally +/-0.005". The FMT patriot is on our short list. On paper it looks great, but I would like to hear from some current owners to see how they are holding up, and how the support is when there has been an issue. Basically any first hand experience with the machines and support would be helpful. PM me if you prefer. Thanks in advance.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: FMT feedback

We have a 4x8 FMT router and it's been a great machine for us. Only issues we had was we busted open a bearing when we crashed the machine into the end and the grease fitting got pushed into the it, and we were loosing our location on homing occasionally because after 4 years our drive belts were worn. Our machine has the Fagor 8055 (which is the higher end model since we have the 4th axis) and it has a great collection of the standard G code commands. I use the rotation pattern commands all the time for bolt circles. Makes it much easier to program then our older Techno machines.

Support wise when I call or email them I usually get a response pretty quickly and they have always been able to answer my questions or provide help. I asked them a bunch of programing related questions when we first got the machine and they provided sample code to do what I anted the machine to do. All in all we are happy with them and are looking at purchasing a second machine from them.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: FMT feedback

Malish-
    Thanks so much for the feedback. That's helpful. Sorry for the delayed response....