Constantly being asked to reverify email

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Constantly being asked to reverify email

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Constantly being asked to reverify email

I keep getting redirected to this page: https://en.industryarena.com/cnczone/verify/email

"Please verify your E-Mail address.
    An e-mail has been sent to
    so you can activate your account"

I did the verification days ago. But since then each time I go to cnczone.com forum URL (clicking in an email notification of a new PM for example). it redirects me to this same email page. If I then go again to CNCzone.com - CNC Machines, CadCam, Classifieds, Metalworking, Woodworking and select "forums" I can browse the site fine.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Constantly being asked to reverify email

Something is very broken.

I'm logged in and viewing my settings
    https://www.cnczone.com/forums/usercp.php

If I click on "edit profile" I'm redirected to https://en.industryarena.com/cnczone/verify/email

it claims it's sent me an email. it's not.

I just had it resend, i filled out all the info again.

and now if I view my settings and again click on "edit profile" I'm again redirected to https://en.industryarena.com/cnczone/verify/email

Downloads
    Uploads

We have had some strange site issues. They are being worked on I think.

Jim Dawson
    Sandy, Oregon, USA

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Dawson View Post
    We have had some strange site issues. They are being worked on I think.
    Also the city/state and zipcode that were mandatory for me to set don't appear in "Location" here on the forum. It still shows just "usa" but if I try and edit that info it tries to take me back thru the same process that wanted city/state/zip.

I'm curious, as a volunteer mod do you have any way to interact with the site owners?

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by crazybrit View Post
    Also the city/state and zipcode that were mandatory for me to set don't appear in "Location" here on the forum. It still shows just "usa" but if I try and edit that info it tries to take me back thru the same process that wanted city/state/zip.

I'm curious, as a volunteer mod do you have any way to interact with the site owners?
    Only the admin Burs

Jim Dawson
    Sandy, Oregon, USA

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Dawson View Post
    Only the admin Burs
    and they never seem to comment here ;-)

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi crazybit, try log in again. After providing a phone number, your account will be legitimized and the problem should no longer occur.

The display of your location is also updated now, I hope it's ok now.

Just for info:
    To get help faster with problems like this, it would be better to open a support ticket at.
    https://www.cnczone.com/index.php?pageid=Site_Support

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by burs View Post
    Hi crazybit, try log in again. After providing a phone number, your account will be legitimized and the problem should no longer occur.

The display of your location is also updated now, I hope it's ok now.

Just for info:
    To get help faster with problems like this, it would be better to open a support ticket at.

@burs

The requirement that I need to provide a phone# is unreasonable. No other forum I am a member of requires this.

The claim that it is required by GDPR would appear false. In fact the inverse is true, when there is a legitimate requirement for you to possess my phone# (which I don't see you have) the GDPR provides me protections.

In an unsolicited email from your support they claimed "Your data (Name + Phone) will only be used to contact you in case of violating IndustryArena's guidelines". I'm sorry but I find the idea that you'll be contacting me via telephone when you have my email to be comical.

Also I'm (today) totally unable to login via cnczone.com (vbulletin login) and the "Forgotten your password? Click here!" link is totally non-functional. I am typing this at https://en.industryarena.com/forum

I also still don't see a location listed alongside my username when viewing posts.

I'm a bit shocked at what a mess this is.

Downloads
    Uploads

Besides the forum, IndustryArena offers many other opportunities that justify asking for the phone number. But don't worry, we usually don't call members who only post in our forum. The chance of being called by us tends to zero (unless maybe it's highly illegal activity).

Unfortunately, I can't understand the problem with why the password reset link wouldn't work. Can you describe the problem in more detail (what happens when you click on the link?)? you are also welcome to open a support ticket.

Downloads
    Uploads

Besides the forum, IndustryArena offers many other opportunities that justify asking for the phone number. But don't worry, we usually don't call members who only post in our forum. The chance of being called by us tends to zero (unless maybe it's highly illegal activity).
    I don't care about these "opportunities". I will not provide my landline phone#. I don't have a cell. I guess if you insist then I will no longer be a member here but I suspect you will find i am not alone. This really is an ill-conceived change.

Unfortunately, I can't understand the problem with why the password reset link wouldn't work. Can you describe the problem in more detail (what happens when you click on the link?)? you are also welcome to open a support ticket.
    I am unable to log in with my old cnczone password at www.cnczone.com. I can login with this password at en.industryarena.com.

If I try to login at cnczone.com (actually the industryarea page) I get redirected to https://www.cnczone.com/forums/login.php?do=login and a message " "vBulletin Message You have entered an invalid username or password." ". The "Forgotten your password? Click here!" link to reset password is https://www.cnczone.com/forums/login.php?do=lostpw but this just redirects to https://en.industryarena.com/

BTW it is completely impossible to send you a PM when logged into en.industryarea.com, it will allow me to compose it but clicking the send arrow button does nothing.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by crazybrit View Post
    I don't care about these "opportunities". I will not provide my landline phone#. I don't have a cell. I guess if you insist then I will no longer be a member here but I suspect you will find i am not alone. This really is an ill-conceived change.

I am unable to log in with my old cnczone password at www.cnczone.com. I can login with this password at en.industryarena.com.

If I try to login at cnczone.com (actually the industryarea page) I get redirected to https://www.cnczone.com/forums/login.php?do=login and a message " "vBulletin Message You have entered an invalid username or password." ". The "Forgotten your password? Click here!" link to reset password is https://www.cnczone.com/forums/login.php?do=lostpw but this just redirects to https://en.industryarena.com/

BTW it is completely impossible to send you a PM when logged into en.industryarea.com, it will allow me to compose it but clicking the send arrow button does nothing.
    ...having the same issues. I/m using Firefox 103.0.2 on a Win7Pro 64 bit and this problem of signing on to cnczone.com started about 2 weeks ago if, that helps.

Downloads
    Uploads

I found the registration process is on the ridiculous side . A while back I registered with my current user name and it was far more trouble than it once was before industrial arena took over . It's a discussion forum and shouldn't require so much hassle just to become a member

Downloads
    Uploads

I also find this extremely over barring .And the constant request to verify my account is very frustrating.

Downloads
    Uploads

Sorry guys, we have investigated the problem. Somehow we had a database issue with several CNCzone accounts and they were not verified in the database. We have made some updates and verified the accounts in question. The legitimacy issue should no longer occur with these now. We apologize for any inconvenience caused.
    If anyone is still having issues, please report.

@crazybrit: if you are still having issues logging into CNCzone with your password, try changing it in your settings on IndustryArena. The password should be synced with CNCzone. Otherwise, we could change the password manually for you. However, further communication via a support ticket please:

We are also trying to find out what causes the problem with your profile view.

Downloads
    Uploads

@crazybrit: if you are still having issues logging into CNCzone with your password, try changing it in your settings on IndustryArena. The password should be synced with CNCzone. ..
    We are also trying to find out what causes the problem with your profile view.
    I fixed it already. Logging into en.industryarena.com and changing my password there forced it to be resync'd and allowed me to log in to cnczone.com directly.

It's not just my profile, when viewing this thread for example I'm seeing what looks like the old (vbulletin) location for everyone. Examples from above I see gabedrummin: "united sates" (typo) metal mayhem: "on my feet" (custom) rather than the actual location from settings that you are now enforcing.

I do like being able to see peoples actual country/town location next to their posts and I'm generally supportive of people being requested to provide their approximate location.

Downloads
    Uploads

I believe I edited in "on my feet" in my zone profile . What I didn't sign up for was to be sent skype messages which I have never used nor will . I've searched settings in the zone and on the arena and I've seen no way of getting rid of that

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by metalmayhem View Post
    I believe I edited in "on my feet" in my zone profile . What I didn't sign up for was to be sent skype messages which I have never used nor will . I've searched settings in the zone and on the arena and I've seen no way of getting rid of that
    You're the only person on this thread where I see "send a message via skype". I think that's from the old settings, but you can't change it as when trying to edit settings now you're editing the new settings whose values (it seems) are not being shown.

Downloads
    Uploads

the settings now are no different from when I registered 3.5yrs ago . I've asked wtf the deal is with skype a long time ago but no one responded . For most users it's not there

I've been on cnczone since the early 2000's and it was recently I re registered under a new profile . I don't recall ever seeing skype under anyone's avatar back then , it's new with industrial arena settings and it's somehow under my avatar for reasons I don't know

Registration was easier when Paul owned the forum , make a user name give a valid email address then confirm , like every other forum out there .

btw I looked at my setting in industrial arena and thats where I changed my location which shows up here

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by metalmayhem View Post
    Somehow your account had an entry in the 'Skype Name' field: "None". Maybe you made this entry during the registration process!? This is why the Skype notification appeared in your profile view. I have now removed this Skype Name from your account and the notice has disappeared.
    Hope it´s okay now.

Downloads
    Uploads

Somehow your account had an entry in the 'Skype Name' field: "None". Maybe you made this entry during the registration process!? This is why the Skype notification appeared in your profile view. I have now removed this Skype Name from your account and the notice has disappeared.
    Hope it´s okay now.
    I'm not sure how I could have done it during registration since I don't use skype but anything is possible I suppose , thanks for removing it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast