Fanuc drive motor noise

Thread: Fanuc drive motor noise

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Fanuc drive motor noise

I have a issues I can not find an answer to. I have a Oi-MC control on my vertical CNC mill. The X axis makes a loud Werererer when traveling. It has been doing this for over 3000 hours of operating. The machine locates great, makes round holes and has not lost precision over time. The problem besides the noise is the finish. When cutting in X the mill leaves a small chatter finish. When cutting in Y it leaves a very chattered looking finish. Just as a not when the mill moves in Y it is all but silent. I first thought it was a ball screw or a end bearing but I can find no noise coming from them with a stethoscope. The screw feel smooth when turned by hand. The ball screw is under tension. I have replaced the spindle, because it went out, with no change to the finish. With all that said is there a possible electrical problem with the motor or drive? I am at a total loss.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Fanuc drive motor noise

Sounds like your X Axis may be osculating. If you can find the servo tune page look at the X axis RPM at the bottom right. If it is not steady then you have occultation. A few counts doesn’t bother me. You can try setting parameter 2017 bit 7 10000000. if that doesn’t help try lowering the VELOC Gain on the servo tune page. 100 is the lowest value you can have as this represent % of gain

Downloads
    Uploads

This is interesting to hear. When I first got the machine it rounded corners badly. At 40 IPM it would put a .09 radius. The machine also accelerated and decelerated slowly in X and Y axis. The tech did some adjusting to fix that but he seemed to be in unfamiliar territory. Maybe something got adjusted incorrectly when he worked on it. I will check it out for sure when I can get on the machine!

Downloads
    Uploads

motoxman, amy chance you know what he did as im working on similar issue.