Clone Knee mill Z axis CNC Conversion kit

Thread: Clone Knee mill Z axis CNC Conversion kit

Default Clone Knee mill Z axis CNC Conversion kit

This is a complete kit for a Z-axis CNC conversion using the quill on a Bridgeport Clone knee mill. BP clones are not all the same so I cannot guarantee this kit will fit your mill without modification. I made all the brackets and parts myself. I used the z axis in cnc mode sparingly but it worked well. Backlash comp in Acorn controller was set to 0.003". Below are all the parts included. Most importantly, with this design, you can still use the quill manually and still retain use of the DRO....only 4 bolts have to removed to switch from CNC to manual use!

-StepperOnline 36V power supply
    -StepperOnline DM542T stepper drive
    -382 oz-in Nema 23 stepper motor from Automation Technology w/ 10' of shielded cable
    -Limit switch
    -250mm SFU1605 rolled ballscrew/ballnut assembly w/ BK12/BF12 bearing mounts (BK12 mount has been upgraded with angular contact bearings)
    -6" long digital scale
    -Timing pulleys and belt
    -All the necessary brackets and hardware for a Bridgeport clone
    -Plastic shield to keep swarf out of the ballscrew

I'm located in Hickory, NC. Let me know if you have any questions.