Problem HELP!. CAN ANYONE HELP

Thread: HELP!. CAN ANYONE HELP

Downloads
    Uploads

Default HELP!. CAN ANYONE HELP

I purchased a machine from Fine Line Automation 2 years ago. Biggest mistake i ever made. Im living with it and learning from it. Replaced parts on my own since Nate who runs the place cant do any good and run a legitimate business. I have figured out and replaced everything i need but one problem i am having is not being able to attach the motor mount to the carriage. There doesn't seem to be enough room for it to fit. I have attached some pictures for reference. But basically what it looks like is the older model fit just fine and i was sent a newer model that he also uses for another machine. The radius on the pivoting end of this mount is much bigger than before and the angle is not so much like a 90 degree now and more oblong. If anyone on here has a standard machine from them can you please give me some input on if you think i was sent a wrong part or if this should fit a different way. They fit fine on the side axis for the x axis but there isnt a plate in the way either like there is in the Z-axis that is preventing this from working. It dosnt fit by 1/2" meaning the hole it needs to screw into is a half inch off to the side that i cant reach because the Z plate on the carriages.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HELP!. CAN ANYONE HELP-cnc-4-jpg   HELP!. CAN ANYONE HELP-cnc-8-jpg   HELP!. CAN ANYONE HELP-cnc-5-jpg   HELP!. CAN ANYONE HELP-cnc-6-jpg  

HELP!. CAN ANYONE HELP-cnc2-png   HELP!. CAN ANYONE HELP-cnc3-png   HELP!. CAN ANYONE HELP-cnc-7-jpg  
    Last edited by CRDESIGN86; 10-16-2020 at 01:01 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by CRDESIGN86 View Post
    I purchased a machine from Fine Line Automation 2 years ago. Biggest mistake i ever made. Im living with it and learning from it. Replaced parts on my own since Nate who runs the place cant do any good and run a legitimate business. I have figured out and replaced everything i need but one problem i am having is not being able to attach the motor mount to the carriage. There doesn't seem to be enough room for it to fit. I have attached some pictures for reference. But basically what it looks like is the older model fit just fine and i was sent a newer model that he also uses for another machine. The radius on the pivoting end of this mount is much bigger than before and the angle is not so much like a 90 degree now and more oblong. If anyone on here has a standard machine from them can you please give me some input on if you think i was sent a wrong part or if this should fit a different way. They fit fine on the side axis for the x axis but there isnt a plate in the way either like there is in the Z-axis that is preventing this from working. It dosnt fit by 1/2" meaning the hole it needs to screw into is a half inch off to the side that i cant reach because the Z plate on the carriages.

I know that your problem is. His parts are knock offs of avid parts, which I have a bunch of. Avid used to be a supplier to Nate but now he's sourcing from somewhere else, probably China, where the saturn comes from. What you need is the standard series avid rack and pinion plate and he sent you the pro version instead, which i do not believe is compatible with the bearing trucks that you have.