Newbie Looking at a 4’x4’ FLA machine built in 2014

Thread: Looking at a 4’x4’ FLA machine built in 2014

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Looking at a 4’x4’ FLA machine built in 2014

I’m going to be looking at a FLA machine built in 2014. Anything in particular I should be on the lookout for? Machine last ran in June of 2019. Been Sitting in the back of a garage since then. Comes with Mach 3 on an older Dell computer. Pictures look like it’s a machine that can be run again. Not sure what it’s worth. I’ll post some pics once I look at it. Thought I’d put it out there to see what might be a deal breaker that would cause me to run away.
    Thanks
    Jerry

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Looking at a 4’x4’ FLA machine built in 2014

I guess the usual mechanical and electrical checks - see if bearings and wear surfaces are worn out, make sure it's been properly maintained, see if all sensors and limits work as they should, power up the computer and run the CNC through a few air cycles, etc.

David

David
    Romans 3:23
    CurlyWoodShop - www.etsy.com/shop/CurlyWoodShop
    David Falkner - www.youtube.com/user/difalkner
    difalkner - www.instagram.com/difalkner

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Looking at a 4’x4’ FLA machine built in 2014

That before the Saturn model came out. They made some good machines for a while. I bought a Saturn in 2017 and have been very pleased with it. It's a hobby for me and doesn't get used daily so is still like new but I use mine for both Plasma and as a CNC router and couldn't be more happy with it. I had a few minor issues and was pleased with the support I received from Nate at the time. I can't speak for how they are doing now days but I couldn't find anything close as far as value/quality for the money when I got mine. I'd just look it over and do some basic testing. It also depends on what electronics were used. These are fairly solid designed tables and parts or upgrades should be fairly easy to find and build/replace. Your luck dealing with FLA may vary, but check their site for info, parts and price comparisons. Also look at CNC Router parts as a place to look online and see almost identical tables and parts. The bases and electronics are likely different depending on what was used and builds can vary widely depending on if they used FLA sourced electronic or sourced and assembled to their own liking like many folks (and myself) did. If the basics are there and the price is right it offers a good starting point to modify or renew to your liking. Good luck.