Router Mount Question

Thread: Router Mount Question

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Router Mount Question

in 17' I purchased a saturn 4x4 with a router mount from FLA. Due to unfortunate circumstances it went into storage for two years. I am finally setting it up. I went to install my router and noticed that 1) it's too small. I am having to really force it open to fit the router base, and two, there are zero indents or allowance for the little tabs on the router body that normally slide into the base. I am hesitant to file them off as I one day would like to install a spindle and have this router go back to use in my base. what would you all recommend as a means around this? any creative ideas?

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Router Mount Question-img_1165-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Router Mount Question

Not sure what to do about the nubs, however, when I set mine up (which was for a spindle rather than router) I found it a bit tight and had to file it down a bit inside where it clamps together. Also, I figured out that with the 2 screws that tighten up the clamp, there's a threaded hole between them. I used this to insert a screw and separate the clamp a bit, as there's no hole on the backside of that threaded hole, so it pushes it apart.

btw ... hope your build goes well.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by wackocrash5150 View Post
    Not sure what to do about the nubs, however, when I set mine up (which was for a spindle rather than router) I found it a bit tight and had to file it down a bit inside where it clamps together. Also, I figured out that with the 2 screws that tighten up the clamp, there's a threaded hole between them. I used this to insert a screw and separate the clamp a bit, as there's no hole on the backside of that threaded hole, so it pushes it apart.

btw ... hope your build goes well.
    ah, ok that middle screw hole makes sense. I was shimming with wood. that will be better....

When you say you filed it down, you mean the mount where the inside edge is, just inside where the screws tighten it? I was noticing that it was rubbing there, that might be a good idea for me too...

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by meilcowski View Post
    ah, ok that middle screw hole makes sense. I was shimming with wood. that will be better....

When you say you filed it down, you mean the mount where the inside edge is, just inside where the screws tighten it? I was noticing that it was rubbing there, that might be a good idea for me too...
    Yes. When looking at the top of the mount, it was on the inside edges where the 2 ends clamp together. I found that when I tried inserting the spindle (or in your case router) that it was still getting hung up on there. Watch yourself. If you slip, they're a bit sharp. Don't ask how I know this... lol