Fineline Shutdown or Perpetrating a Fraud!!

Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Fineline Shutdown or Perpetrating a Fraud!!

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Fineline Shutdown or Perpetrating a Fraud!!

I ordered and received confirmation on a 2x4 Router Kit with accessories on 3/27/2019. My credit card was charged for the kit, accessories plus shipping. Multiple attempts to contact Nathan via email and voice mail for order status has failed. Absolutely no response from him. Does anyone know what’s going on. The business next to his facility says he’s only there in the evenings and weekends.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default re: Fineline Shutdown or Perpetrating a Fraud!!

Nate has a full time day job, widely known, so not surprising that he's there evenings and weekends. His communication skills are a weak point and most of us know that but it's still frustrating. There has not been a time yet, though, when he hasn't come through with what he has promised me. It may require many phone calls, texts, and emails but he eventually sends what he's supposed to be sending.

That doesn't help you get your kit but it may help with your expectations. Be sure to show us the kit when it arrives, along with your build - we like photos!

David

David
    Romans 3:23
    Etsy shop opened 12/1/17 - CurlyWoodShop
    www.etsy.com/shop/CurlyWoodShop

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by jrpatter56 View Post
    I ordered and received confirmation on a 2x4 Router Kit with accessories on 3/27/2019. My credit card was charged for the kit, accessories plus shipping. Multiple attempts to contact Nathan via email and voice mail for order status has failed. Absolutely no response from him. Does anyone know what’s going on. The business next to his facility says he’s only there in the evenings and weekends.
    I was about to place an order but this is concerning.
    Do you have an update on your machine?

Agree with Dave - Nathan has a great product line but stretches himself pretty thin in what is a competitive market - have faith

- - - Updated - - -

Did you get the machine?

Downloads
    Uploads

I have tried to support Nate and say good things about him. I have let people know that he might take a while but that he always does the right thing. BUT...I do not feel that way anymore. I feel like I spent a lot of time trying to troubleshoot a machine that has a frame flaw. Yes I have had the machine for a while but I don't use it professionally. So spending 2 hours a week in the garage is about all I get with a 60 hour a week job. Two kids, and a house and wife to take care of. Honestly I was prepared for some work with Nate to get the bugs worked out, but my machine has been a total disaster. I have loosened the rails as well as a bunch of other tweeks to try and get things parallel and working smoothly but the frame is just to wacked to get there. I have asked Nate to take the machine back and his reply was that I've had it too long. Even though he knows I haven't been able to put any real time on the machine between fixing the drives and trying to figure out the binding issues and more. What a huge waste of time and money.

Downloads
    Uploads

Thats sad, I wish there was an answer. When did you purchase the machine?

Retired Master Electrician, HVAC/R Commercial. FLA Saturn 2 4x4 CNC Router Mach4 Kimber 1911 45ACP

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by wmgeorge View Post
    Thats sad, I wish there was an answer. When did you purchase the machine?
    About 1 and 1/2 years ago. much of which has been going back and forth trying to get answers from Nate on how to get the machine running right

Downloads
    Uploads

Not good...sorry to hear about your hassles! Hopefully these posts will make him do the honorable thing...

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by ericks View Post
    Not good...sorry to hear about your hassles! Hopefully these posts will make him do the honorable thing...
    One end of the table is about 3/16" to an 1/8" wider than the other. The tapped holes in the cross members are not in a grid or spaced evenly. Pretty sure the frame in not "flat" either. The main table rails are all loosened right now to see if I can find enough slop in the mounting holes to get the rails parallel...but seems like maybe only about 1/32" of wiggle room...at some point the only way I can see to get this right is pull the rails re-drill and tap new holes in between the old ones and re-mount the rails.

Downloads
    Uploads

What is the size of this machine?

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by ericks View Post
    What is the size of this machine?
    It is a 2x4' machine. Other thought was to use the existing threaded holes to mount 80/20 extrusion and then mount the rails to that. That would definitely give enough adjustment. Or maybe drag it behind my truck town the highway.

Last edited by Erik F; 05-28-2019 at 05:13 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Not good, i had a look at their website. They claim to have good quality machines. Later this year i plan to put control panels up for sale, my biggest concern is quality and customer satisfaction.....

Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast