Problem Motor Timing Pulleys

Thread: Motor Timing Pulleys

Downloads
    Uploads

Unhappy Motor Timing Pulleys

Finally got my Nema 34 motors but the motor timing pulleys that Nate sent had the small key ways. I've sent msg. to FLA. I saw where Ntl had the same problem but I did not see what the final outcome was. Any input Ntl. Don't know how long to wait this time.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Motor Timing Pulleys

Quote Originally Posted by Joesmo View Post
    Finally got my Nema 34 motors but the motor timing pulleys that Nate sent had the small key ways. I've sent msg. to FLA. I saw where Ntl had the same problem but I did not see what the final outcome was. Any input Ntl. Don't know how long to wait this time.
    Yes had the same thing happen, he took 6 weeks to get me the correct ones. But they are from CNCrouterparts so you may want to give them a call if you don't hear from him. I saved the box that has the cncrp part number so I can call them if I need a replacement. Let me know if you need me to give you the part number, I just need to unbury the cabinet that I have my boxes in.

Dan

Downloads
    Uploads

I was afraid of that. I can't wait another 6 weeks. It took me over 8 weeks to get the motors and then I had to get them from CNCrouterparts. Wearing thin.

Downloads
    Uploads

No Excuse.

1000x750 Workbee CNC - Mach4 - PMDX USB - Windows 10 Pro

Downloads
    Uploads

I was afraid of that. I can't wait another 6 weeks. It took me over 8 weeks to get the motors and then I had to get them from CNCrouterparts. Wearing thin.
    Fortunately I had read from others not to buy the electronics from them since they get them from cnc router parts anyway. I can't understand how months later the same thing happened to you. I'm happy with my machine, but the non existence of after sale support really blows. Good luck buddy and let me know if you need me to find the part number for you. I looked all over the internet for the pulleys before they finally showed up and I couldn't find anything, I think they're custom made for Finline.

Dan

Downloads
    Uploads

Nate is notoriously slow to respond. After we had been told that our machine had shipped I realized that he had, in fact simply created a shipping number and used our machine to film a video for this forum during the time we were waiting for shipping confirmation. When it arrived we saw he had not repacked much of the hardware for the drives. A month later and multiple calls, emails we finally got them. After installation and a couple of weeks of use the slave side drive developed all kinds of slop, misalignment, etc. Rather than wait for Nate to replace it we opted to order new ones from CNCRP. Got them two day later and they've been great.
    The good news is that Nate refunded the price of the returned parts in full!

Saturn 2 4848
    CRP Plug & Play NEMA 34, 2.2kw Spindle, Mach3

Downloads
    Uploads

Did you ever get the pulley's?

Downloads
    Uploads

I have seen special keys made, small on one side larger on the other. Or can the pulley keyways be cut larger?

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by wmgeorge View Post
    I have seen special keys made, small on one side larger on the other. Or can the pulley keyways be cut larger?
    Yes it's simple for a shop that has a press and the right tooling to open up the keyway slots. It's called internal keyway broaching, the company that I bought my finger break kit from sells the tooling. But it's probably cheaper to just buy the right ones from CNCrouterparts.

Downloads
    Uploads

Or use a lathe to broach the keyway. I needed a 6mm keyway in this sprocket and didn't have a 6mm broach, just ground a tool bit to size and became a manual shaper.

Motor Timing Pulleys-img_2001-jpg

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Motor Timing Pulleys-img_2001-jpg  
    Jim Dawson
    Sandy, Oregon, USA

Downloads
    Uploads

Jim, Darn it I forgot about that method and I have lots of HSS bits I could use. Thanks for posting.

Downloads
    Uploads

Still no response from FLA. Thanks for all the suggestions but I do not have milling equipment. The easiest and right way to do it, is to just have the parts replaced by FLA. I'm old school and believe you should fulfill a paid contract.

Downloads
    Uploads

Still no response from FLA. Thanks for all the suggestions but I do not have milling equipment. The easiest and right way to do it, is to just have the parts replaced by FLA. I'm old school and believe you should fulfill a paid contract.
    Maybe get the price for them from cncrp and tell fineline that you need a refund for the the amount of the pulley's. See if they respond to that, I wonder also if the pulley's are custom made for them since I never called to see if they stock them. Either way you're 100% correct that you shouldn't have to deal with this. I still am amazed that fineline has lasted this long after my experience with the company.

Dan

Last edited by Ntl; 03-24-2019 at 04:44 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

$16.25 each from CNCRP for NEMA 34 pulleys. I agree, FLA should honor their commitments, but we decided to order the missing parts from CNCRP and Nate did come through with the refund. Not worth the frustration.

Saturn 2 4848

Downloads
    Uploads

I got a response from Nate couple of hrs ago but I'm not sure he understood what I needed. His response was that they do not have Nema 34 pulleys with 1/2" key slot. I had requested from him Nema 34 pulleys 1/2" diameter with 5mm key slots.
    I responded with a clarification but haven't heard back.

Downloads
    Uploads

Does everyones timing pulleys have key slots and set screws? I was looking at the ones form CNCRP and they only look like they have set screws. I would think that the key slots would be a must.

Downloads
    Uploads

Does everyones timing pulleys have key slots and set screws? I was looking at the ones form CNCRP and they only look like they have set screws. I would think that the key slots would be a must.
    Mine have both the keyway and set screws. Like I said earlier they came in boxes with cncrp part numbers on them. I saw that as well that the pictures they have don't have the keyway. But their website doesn't look like they update it very often. You should just call or at least email cncrp they might be a special order part. I don't think that they were repackage and I still don't understand why fineline won't send you the correct ones since you paid for them. Worst case you can probably file the slots to open them up, or find a local machine shop and have them open up the keyways. That's what I was going to do if I didn't get the right ones. I'm not sure what would be cheaper, buying 3 pulleys or having the wrong ones machined.

Downloads
    Uploads

Ours are from CNCRP. They have both keyways and set screw.

Saturn 2 4848

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by micknm View Post
    Ours are from CNCRP. They have both keyways and set screw.
    Just curious did you order them from cncrp or get them from Finline?

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Ntl View Post
    Just curious did you order them from cncrp or get them from Finline?
    CNCRP

Saturn 2 4848