FINE LINE AUTOMATION

Thread: FINE LINE AUTOMATION

Downloads
    Uploads

Angry FINE LINE AUTOMATION

I SHOULD HAVE LISTENED TO THE FEW PEOPLE WHO TOLD ME TO REQUEST A REFUND A WHILE BACK ON MY ORDER. I HADN'T HAD TO WAIT LONG AT THAT POINT, ONLY A COUPLE WEEKS, BUT NOW ITS BEEN OVER A MONTH WITH NO ANSWERS SO GUESS A CLAIM IS MY ONLY OPTION. I TRIED TO GIVE THIS COMPANY A CHANCE BUT I MYSELF WILL ALSO NOT RECOMMEND ANYONE TO CHANCE PURCHASING ANY PRODUCTS FROM HERE. IT IS VERY UPSETTING TO TRY AND GIVE SOMEONE A CHANCE AND BE LET DOWN WHEN I HAD OPTIONS TO GO OTHER PLACES FOR SOMETHING SIMILAR. I ONLY HAVE HAD TWO RESPONSES PERIOD IN OVER A MONTH. BOTH WERE TO ASSURE ME MY ORDER WAS ABOUT TO BE SHIPPED. I EVEN WAITED ANOTHER TWO WEEKS TO REALLY START GETTING CONCERNED AFTER THE FIRST TIME TO SEE WHAT WAS GOING ON. THIS IS ABSOLUTELY NO WAY TO DO BUSINESS. A SIMPLE UPDATE EVERY NOW AND THEN OR EVEN A SORRY WE ARE SHORT SOME PARTS WOULD HAVE BEEN ACCEPTED. I WAS NOTIFIED THE VERY FIRST TIME THAT THERE WERE SOME ITEMS MISSING BUT WOULD SHIP IN 3 DAYS. THAT WAS 3 WEEKS AGO.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: FINE LINE AUTOMATION

That's too bad they can't fix their issues and treat customers better. They make a good product and generally stand by what they sell you. If they could have fixed their communications and customer relations long ago they would have doubled their sales. We live in a world of instant email communications, free long distance phone calls and fast shipping, so there simply isn't an excuse if a company wants to succeed.

Downloads
    Uploads

Yes, it's an unfortunate problem area.

Btw, your caps lock key must be stuck...

David

David
    Romans 3:23
    CurlyWoodShop - www.etsy.com/shop/CurlyWoodShop
    David Falkner - www.youtube.com/user/difalkner
    difalkner - www.instagram.com/difalkner

Downloads
    Uploads

I'm just used to using all caps. i work in an architecture field where we almost always use all caps. I get too used to it sometimes. And yes no excuse really. I've been told that you always get the product from Nate even if it takes a while but i really don't want to wait so long that it becomes hard to even get a refund back. But i didn't really want to go through the process of trying to find another company that would meet my needs either after waiting even longer for a refund. CNCrouter parts has what seems like a similar build but the orientation of the layout doesn't work for what i need based off of what i saw on the website. Its strange because the plans show one orientation but all the customer pictures of their builds show a different orientation of the gantry.

Downloads
    Uploads

Writting with capital letters in emails and on forums means that you're shouting, which is understandable in your situation though.

Downloads
    Uploads

All caps also means I didn't read it. You can SHOUT on occasion for emphasis but all caps looks like one big run-on sentence and is difficult to read, so I don't. Thanks for turning that off!

Now, on to bigger and better things; as you said, I have always received from Nate what he promised. Some things have been timely, some I've had to stay on him. I really hope this gets worked out and you can get up and running with your CNC. You pay for something you expect the product or service to be delivered or handled timely and I really wish Nate would truly turn that over to someone who is good at it.

David

David
    Romans 3:23
    CurlyWoodShop - www.etsy.com/shop/CurlyWoodShop
    David Falkner - www.youtube.com/user/difalkner
    difalkner - www.instagram.com/difalkner

Downloads
    Uploads

I believe the number on his site is actually his cell phone. I have had some success texting him. I like Nate and he has always backed up his product for me. It does require a great amount of faith that when he goes dark...he will eventually answer you. The machine is...in many ways a crazy value, for what you pay for it...but then there is the other side of it which has left me frustrated about a few issues. I really feel like if and when you get a hold of Nate, if you let him know you really wanted your money back, he would give it to you.

Downloads
    Uploads

FLA offers a 60-day money back customer satisfaction guarantee. Note that this is not a warranty on the product itself. Kind of sketchy whether the guarantee starts to run from the day you place the order, or when shipped, or when received. I suppose one could argue any interpretation, but how could you know whether you are satisfied with your purchase before you actually receive it? If you want to pull the plug, tell Nate in writing, and then bug him multiple times daily. You can even try bugging him at his day job (FLA is his side job). Where he works is in one of the threads, but I don't recall which.

FLA hid the guarantee in the "Returns" page. Don't know about you, but that's the first place I always look for warranty/guarantee information. (I'm being facetious). Here's a link: https://www.finelineautomation.com/returns

Seems like service got much worse after Nate changed jobs to his present employer. No reason to believe it will get any better.

The kit machine is fine if you are not interested in profile linear rails. Be aware that the machine is built with 80/20 brand aluminum extrusions. You may get lucky and the ends of all the extrusions will be cut square; however, 80/20 has a cut tolerance of .002"/inch and .015" length tolerance. My first machine was the 4x4 version of the one you're interested in. The ends were all off the full tolerance amount. The lengths weren't too bad. I spent a lot time shimming things square. Actually, I put it together and took it apart 3 or 4 times, before I figured out the problems. Then, I got to know shim stock nearly as well as I know my wife.

Only you know whether pulling the plug is the right thing for you. Good luck with your decision.

Gary