A Small Project

Thread: A Small Project

Downloads
    Uploads

Default A Small Project

With all the discussion about how bad these machine are, negative talk and all I thought I would post this. Picture of final pass on my Bear in a Log being made for a Bears fan. It will have "Da Bears" at the top of the uncarved area and the customers first name. The entire carving pictured is 5.3 inches wide by 9.8 inches tall in walnut. The deepest part of the dish is perhaps .375 from the very top. Done with a .250 Ball nose for the Rough tool path and .125 Ball nose for the Finish. VCarve Pro 9.5 and Mach3 on ESS.

Done on a FLA Saturn 2 48x48 machine.

Note you can even see the detail on the bear claw nails.

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails A Small Project-img_3663-jpg  
    1000x750 Workbee CNC - Mach4 - PMDX USB - Windows 10 Pro

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: A Small Project

Looks good, Bill. I would like to see a photo of it after you have completed it. A little more of a frontal and less angle would be great.

Gary

Downloads
    Uploads

I have been involved in other projects like getting a touch probe wired and working. The Bear I had applied some what I thought was a neutral stain and turned out too dark. After it dried I I used 4/0 steel wool to lighten and then some of that clear Danish Oil finish shown in the other picture. Outside of the oval on the bottom I just put the oil on with no stain (never again). The dark band at the bottom of the oval is a screw up by me, not the machine.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails A Small Project-danishoil-jpg   A Small Project-thebear-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Here is a little Birdhouse project I did for my grandson I to do together. Modified from a project on ThingVerse, cut out on my Saturn 2 48x48 machine, hold down was homebuilt 2x2 ft vacuum table. I need to make some revisions to make it better before Logan and I run the file again.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails A Small Project-birdhouse-jpg