Fineline Automation out of business?

Thread: Fineline Automation out of business?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Fineline Automation out of business?

As the title states did he go out of business? I've heard nothing from Nate in over a month regarding the issues with my router. I know others with new routers have had similar issues with their new routers. Is he out of business or on the way out? Can someone in contact with him please ask him to respond to my numerous emails and messages? I'm starting to think I received a previously used and returned machine. Any info about this guy would be great.

Especially from the guys that posted how great the machine is and raved about the build quality.

(If you read this Nate please contact me I'm still waiting on the phone call from October 24th. I am happy to publicly post the emails and texts so everyone can see how many attempts I've made to get this resolved, as well as the issues I've had since the day the router was supposed to be shipped. It's sad that you don't stand behind your product and just take people's money.)

Dan

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Fineline Automation out of business?

So here's a update.

I was contacted shortly after this post by fineline sales. So they aren't out of business.

They are working with me on a resolution to the binding problem and I will update the thread once it is resolved.

Dan

Last edited by Ntl; 12-04-2018 at 01:45 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

What kind of binding problems are you having?

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Erik F View Post
    What kind of binding problems are you having?
    I was having binding on the Y axis due to the steel gantry beam not being flat also some of the holes weren't tapped in the right place where the brace attached and some weren't tapped straight. All of the things that are off were introducing a major preload to the bearing blocks and were causing the gantry to lock up and the steppers would spin internally until I hit the estop or it hit the soft limit in the software.

The new gantry beam showed up today and aside from a little shipping damage (one corner was dinged do to no foam on one end of the box and FedEx sucking balls) and missing some hardware (not surprising). So far its not binding and way smoother I can push it and it moves after I let go (yay!).

I still need to shim in between the bearing blocks and the aluminum gantry plate due to the linear rails not being perfectly square, or see if I can shim the rails I haven't decided yet. I think it it will be fine though just shiming the blocks, but I won't know until till I get to cut something. For the record Nate did work with me on fixing the problem, it took 3 months since I received the router but I think once I order the missing hardware I will finally be able to cut some parts. Time will tell if the binding messed up the bearings or if there will be any issues with accuracy, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the machine will cut as good as it looks now that I almost have all the issues worked out.

Dan

Last edited by Ntl; 12-13-2018 at 12:30 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Great news! Glad your getting it done.

1000x750 Workbee CNC - Mach4 - PMDX USB - Windows 10 Pro

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by wmgeorge View Post
    Great news! Glad your getting it done.
    Thanks George!