Fine Line issue - Don't do it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fine Line issue - Don't do it

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Fine Line issue - Don't do it

So I ordered the machine and Nate was very quick to take my payment and send a thank you email. 2 days later I inquire about when I should look for tracking numbers a couple days later he responds saying he's shipping it out that day. 2 more days after that I ask for the tracking numbers, and 2 days after that I get tracking numbers stating he just created the labels. Fortunately the shipping time wasn't too bad since its just a state away, but when I got it is when the real fun began.
    Parts damaged, parts missing, some parts swapped out for other parts that were not covered in the assembly instructions. Some holes were too big, some holes were not tapped. Hell some bolts and holes are metric while others are SAE, I can see this going real bad if I ever have to take it apart or upgrade.

According to the website and instructions Nate will help you troubleshoot if you have any issues. Well aside from those issues my Y-Axis rack gear WAS MISSING which is kind of a big deal for this machine. So I called and emailed and even sent pictures of what I could, 1 day later still no answer. So I assemble everything I can and try to call him and email him again, 2 days still no answer. Day number 3 I am pissed, what company ignores someone who just paid them (in my opinion) a lot of money? I am not the one who forgot to package the gear rail and mail it? Yet I have to worry and wonder if I just got taken advantage of?? So a few trips to Lowes and I got all the fasteners I needed to fix Nates mistakes but unfortunately I am stuck waiting for a gear. After finally repeated calling and begging for this guy to contact me I went online and found another supplier and dropped $113 (including shipping) for a gear rack to be sent. Hell I think Nate should refund me a lot considering this and all the used and damaged parts I received, I DID NOT PURCHASE A USED MACHINE!!! I do not expect to receive one!

I've attached 2 pictures, 1 shows one of the damaged pieces that's how it arrived. The other shows a bracket with no bolts because the holes were too large for the supplied bolts.

This is just a messed up joke and I learned my lesson the hard way with Nate. NEVER AGAIN

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Fine Line issue - Don't do it-damage-missing-jpg   Fine Line issue - Don't do it-gantry-bracket-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Deleted by poster

Last edited by wmgeorge; 11-17-2018 at 09:58 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Fine Line issue - Don't do it

I agree, I ordered it from https://www.finelineautomation.com/p...x-4-cnc-router.
    The 2 X-Axis pinions and the router mounting plate are the same ones from CNCRouterParts.com. So that's where I ordered my gear rack from, might as well cut out the middle man I guess.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Chaznatr View Post
    So I ordered the machine and Nate was very quick to take my payment and send a thank you email. 2 days later I inquire about when I should look for tracking numbers a couple days later he responds saying he's shipping it out that day. 2 more days after that I ask for the tracking numbers, and 2 days after that I get tracking numbers stating he just created the labels. Fortunately the shipping time wasn't too bad since its just a state away, but when I got it is when the real fun began.
    Parts damaged, parts missing, some parts swapped out for other parts that were not covered in the assembly instructions. Some holes were too big, some holes were not tapped. Hell some bolts and holes are metric while others are SAE, I can see this going real bad if I ever have to take it apart or upgrade.

According to the website and instructions Nate will help you troubleshoot if you have any issues. Well aside from those issues my Y-Axis rack gear WAS MISSING which is kind of a big deal for this machine. So I called and emailed and even sent pictures of what I could, 1 day later still no answer. So I assemble everything I can and try to call him and email him again, 2 days still no answer. Day number 3 I am pissed, what company ignores someone who just paid them (in my opinion) a lot of money? I am not the one who forgot to package the gear rail and mail it? Yet I have to worry and wonder if I just got taken advantage of?? So a few trips to Lowes and I got all the fasteners I needed to fix Nates mistakes but unfortunately I am stuck waiting for a gear. After finally repeated calling and begging for this guy to contact me I went online and found another supplier and dropped $113 (including shipping) for a gear rack to be sent. Hell I think Nate should refund me a lot considering this and all the used and damaged parts I received, I DID NOT PURCHASE A USED MACHINE!!! I do not expect to receive one!

I've attached 2 pictures, 1 shows one of the damaged pieces that's how it arrived. The other shows a bracket with no bolts because the holes were too large for the supplied bolts.

This is just a messed up joke and I learned my lesson the hard way with Nate. NEVER AGAIN
    Sorry to hear this. I got the run around as well after he took payment. Luckily we were able to cancel the order and now have a Probotix Nebula on the way.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by jram View Post
    Sorry to hear this. I got the run around as well after he took payment. Luckily we were able to cancel the order and now have a Probotix Nebula on the way.
    Oh that's too bad I am sorry to hear that, but glad you got a machine you like.

I am actually preparing to post an update, Nate did reach out to me and is sending me replacement and missing parts. He says I should have them by Wednesday (2 days). So my plan is, if all turns out well to post a retraction and give a fair review of this machine. Definitely frustrating but I can also appreciate it when someone does try to make it right.

Downloads
    Uploads

LOL....so very professional....ya shoulda bought from china.

Downloads
    Uploads

LOL yet many of us are using FLA and mine is a Saturn 2 purchased in July of this year. It worked out of the box so to speak.

1000x750 Workbee CNC - Mach4 - PMDX USB - Windows 10 Pro

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by wmgeorge View Post
    LOL yet many of us are using FLA and mine is a Saturn 2 purchased in July of this year. It worked out of the box so to speak.
    ‘I want so very bad to love this machine, but the customer service is so lacking. Sunday Nate says he is going to send the parts out first thing Monday morning to ensure I get them before Thanksgiving. Monday he emails me to confirm he know which parts I need. Tuesday I get a notice from USPS that a label has been created, but it has not been received yet. There is nothing in this that gives me the confidence that I will be able to finish assembling my machine on Wednesday. Now I understand somethings take time, but don’t make promises you are not going to keep, or at least keep your customers informed if issues arise.

‘’I feel I would have received much better service had I ordered a more expensive machine

Downloads
    Uploads

What about all the users who have posted pictures of their poor quality machines in the last month or so? Consider yourself lucky.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Chaznatr View Post
    ‘I want so very bad to love this machine, but the customer service is so lacking. Sunday Nate says he is going to send the parts out first thing Monday morning to ensure I get them before Thanksgiving. Monday he emails me to confirm he know which parts I need. Tuesday I get a notice from USPS that a label has been created, but it has not been received yet. There is nothing in this that gives me the confidence that I will be able to finish assembling my machine on Wednesday. Now I understand somethings take time, but don’t make promises you are not going to keep, or at least keep your customers informed if issues arise.

‘’I feel I would have received much better service had I ordered a more expensive machine
    I stick with my initial review, Nate at Fine Line is not worth the headache. Not only did I let him know not to send extra parts I did not need when he asked but I didn't even ask him to send the parts that I had to pick up from Lowes because they were missing. So he sends the parts after the date he promises to send them which makes them arrive much later than I needed (which I expressed to him was a concern) but he couldn't even bother to get my last name right on the shipping label. I am considering returning this machine and taking the loss on shipping because this guy doesn't deserve my hard earned money, he doesn't take care of his customers and sends used and damaged parts. Screw him, I am beyond pissed off at this guy.

If you are in the market for a cnc or parts, look at CNCRouterParts.com, Nates uses their parts and they actually ship them in a timely manner and they answer emails. I ordered my motor cables from them and got them in 3 days.

Again I repeat, screw Nate!

Downloads
    Uploads

Interesting. So was yours a close out of the older model as its not a Saturn or Saturn 2 like I have? Mine as I said before was received in mid July and I have had no issues. Looks like things went downhill after that. There were a lot of machines shipped and in use right now from FLA from previous years. I knew about his poor communication and shipping times before I purchased yet I did anyway. I have worked with CNC equipment before and I am a problem solver, not a complainer. Its the only steel framed machine USA made on the market at that price point.

Yes improvements could be made to the design of the machine (adjustments on the Y rails) and more important... customer service. Nate needs to decide that, but my machine is working fine..... I can't account for others.

Right now I have been involved in fitting a 3 phase spindle to my machine and dealing with Chinese made motors.

Downloads
    Uploads

Mine was not a close out, it was the 2X4 model so I am not sure why I got the run around. I did get it all together and it seems to work ok I am still in the process of finishing the electronics and trying to stop my Z from dropping when offline. In the end I did get my Y axis gear and a partial refund for my troubles which was cool. There were just so many things that seemed sketchy to me like my Y axis plate was labeled as a 24 in plate, but it measured 19 inches and was short some holes (I even had the extra T nuts that would have filled those holes). Instead of complaining about it I went to the Metal Supermarket and bought a 24 inch plate and drilled the holes myself. But it was those little things that was really upsetting, I haven't even wanted to contact Nate for any setup help or anything because honestly I don't trust him. I am glad you have had good luck with him and I wish you well but I can't recommend FLA to anyone.

Downloads
    Uploads

All I can say is I had no major issues with mine and it works fine. Its a wood router, not a 48x48 milling machine and I do not expect .001 over 4 ft. I am also a problem solver, I just fix it. Is the machine equal to a $14,000 Camaster, no way. Will it do the job, yes and that's all that counts. Would I like to have a better machine, of course. But for the price its the best welded frame machine on the market.

This is the final pass .125 ball nose bit, of a small project that is 5 or 6 inches wide and 10 inches high. Dish is perhaps .375 at the deepest.

You can't do this with a sloppy machine. Roughing pass with a 1/4 inch ball nose was 150 Ipm.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Fine Line issue - Don't do it-img_3663-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

My complaint was not so much with the machine but with the company. Yes I understand you are a problem solver, we all are or we wouldn’t be working with CNC Mills. I do not expect this to be the quality of a $14,000 machine, what I do expect is that when I purchase a brand new machine I receive a brand new machine that is equal or better quality than the one I was presented on the page that got me to decide to purchase in the first place. You would not be ok with buying a brand new truck only to find out it had a used engine and was missing the front left tire, would you? I don’t think the “I fix things” mentality would come in to play there except in the form of raising a stink at the dealership

Downloads
    Uploads

I guess I did not see the post where you got used parts?

Downloads
    Uploads

I guess I did not see the post where you got used parts?
    I am not going to do a back and forth with you about this. I had a terrible experience with this company and you didn’t. I feel I should offer a review from my point of view on the matter. I tried to keep a level head on this purchase but it still pisses me off and I am passing along to others what went through so they might be better informed before spending money

Downloads
    Uploads

Its the only steel framed machine USA made on the market at that price point.
    Just an FYI - The frame isn't made in the USA.

Tim

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by trm1980 View Post
    Just an FYI - The frame isn't made in the USA.

Tim
    I knew that, I guess. Maybe it would work better if they were Made in USA.

What I can not see is this, Nate has been in business for what 10 years or so, expanding every year. This last move was into a much larger building. You don't go to the bank and get money with no proof of increased sales. In those past years his customer service has been terrible. Nothing has improved. But if he has sold an average say of 50 machines a year, that's 500 machines. We only get on here the ones that are bad so is that correct? So out of 500 machines there are just 10 or 20 bad ones and those in the past two years?

Chaznatr had a really bad one and no excuse for that but what about the other 480 machines?

Downloads
    Uploads

It's very possible that 10% or less of his customers post here, so the numbers could be much higher.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Downloads
    Uploads

I knew that, I guess. Maybe it would work better if they were Made in USA.

What I can not see is this, Nate has been in business for what 10 years or so, expanding every year. This last move was into a much larger building. You don't go to the bank and get money with no proof of increased sales. In those past years his customer service has been terrible. Nothing has improved. But if he has sold an average say of 50 machines a year, that's 500 machines. We only get on here the ones that are bad so is that correct? So out of 500 machines there are just 10 or 20 bad ones and those in the past two years?

Chaznatr had a really bad one and no excuse for that but what about the other 480 machines?
    I suspect he possibly sells more than that. I've been in his shop when there was stacks of machines, possibly 20 of them, and then two months later there are none around any more.

I've had some issue's with the one I have, and I've had my share of frustrations dealing with it and with Nate, but lately he's been doing really good for me. I think overall the value is there for these machines.

Tim

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast