Fine Line issue - Don't do it - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fine Line issue - Don't do it

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Fine Line issue - Don't do it

Quote Originally Posted by trm1980 View Post
    I suspect he possibly sells more than that. I've been in his shop when there was stacks of machines, possibly 20 of them, and then two months later there are none around any more.

I've had some issue's with the one I have, and I've had my share of frustrations dealing with it and with Nate, but lately he's been doing really good for me. I think overall the value is there for these machines.

Tim
    I guess the point I was going to make and you helped, is we only get the bad ones highlighted here. You do not keep expanding your business every year if all you make was junk.

1000x750 Workbee CNC - Mach4 - PMDX USB - Windows 10 Pro

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by wmgeorge View Post
    I guess the point I was going to make and you helped, is we only get the bad ones highlighted here. You do not keep expanding your business every year if all you make was junk.
    I said I think the value is there, but it may be a little early for me to have said that. We'll see once I get some more time in with the machine. I do like some of the improvements that he keeps making with the machines. The latest gantry's are milled where the x axis rails are bolted in place. I don't know exactly how accurate it is, but it seems to be working okay for me.

I would also say that if you absolutely need a machine that "works out of the box", this might not be the machine for you. For me it's my hobby, I also wanted a steel frame, and Nate is local to me. So that's what I chose but it might not be for everybody.

Tim

Last edited by trm1980; 01-30-2019 at 12:56 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by trm1980 View Post
    I said I think the value is there, but it may be a little early for me to have said that. We'll see once I get some more time in with the machine. I do like some of the improvements that he keeps making with the machines. The latest gantry's are milled where the x axis rails are bolted in place. I don't know exactly how accurate it is, but it seems to be working okay for me.

I would also say that if you absolutely need a machine that "works out of the box", this might not be the machine for you. For me it's my hobby, I also wanted a steel frame, and Nate is local to me. So that's what I chose but it might not be for everybody.

Tim
    Are all the mounting surfaces machined on your machine? Like where the gear rack is mounted along with where the gantry bolts to the machined plate, or any of the mounting surfaces on the frame? And I find it impossible to believe that only a few people are having issues with this machine unless they never use it.

I just spent the last two hours trying to shim my gear rack because it isn't parallel with the pinion gear. It's already showing wear and I'm lucky I checked it after another owner just had bearing failure do to this problem. If I factord in my labor costs on getting this thing usable I could have bought a Cam Master. Plus I'm sure they answer the phone and return phone calls if you have any issues with your machine.

Those are my 2 cents

Downloads
    Uploads

Yet Nate offers a money back guarantee. Gary GME got his money back after he returned the complete machine. Others on here have taken advantage of that warranty, did they not? I am sure its not a Lifetime warranty nor is it on it bits and pieces if you decide to build one. Yes there are areas for improvement.

1000x750 Workbee CNC - Mach4 - PMDX USB - Windows 10 Pro

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by wmgeorge View Post
    Yet Nate offers a money back guarantee. Gary GME got his money back after he returned the complete machine. Others on here have taken advantage of that warranty, did they not? I am sure its not a Lifetime warranty nor is it on it bits and pieces if you decide to build one. Yes there are areas for improvement.
    Just read this and tell us how accurate it is. I'm not trying to bash the table all that does is kill the resale value. I just don't like the fact that it's been a nightmare dealing with the lack of customer service.

I think every one will agree the machine is very nice, but it has flaws and the customer service compounds the issues. I'm done posting on this and I'm glad that a few guys on here have had zero issues. I guess I'm just unlucky lol.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Fine Line issue - Don't do it-screenshot_20190131-093758_samsung-internet-beta-jpg  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12