Air Cooled Spindle what Hp for the Saturn 2 4x4 ? - Page 12

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 29101112

Thread: Air Cooled Spindle what Hp for the Saturn 2 4x4 ?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Air Cooled Spindle what Hp for the Saturn 2 4x4 ?

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    That's just a word and does not imply that they are more qualified than what you are, it's exposure experience and hands on that counts as well

You already are a master electrician live in a different part of the world that does not use that term

Becoming a journeyman electrician is the first step to earning the distinction of a master electrician.

Serving as the main licensing qualification, a journeyman electrician requires a two-year degree or certificate in electrical courses

Or four years of intensive experience under the supervision of a master electrician.
    Where'd you get your contractor license? Google?

ericks

That's just a word and does not imply that they are more qualified than what you are, it's exposure experience and hands on that counts as well

You already are a master electrician live in a different part of the world that does not use that term

Becoming a journeyman electrician is the first step to earning the distinction of a master electrician.

Serving as the main licensing qualification, a journeyman electrician requires a two-year degree or certificate in electrical courses

Or four years of intensive experience under the supervision of a master electrician.
    Thanks for the information...

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by wmgeorge View Post
    Veterans Day even as I was a Vietnam veteran I never got shot at, just worked on the Air Craft. I salute you Vets from any war as November 11th is tomorrow. Thank you for your service.
    Thank you for your service George, my dad did 3 tours in Nam in the navy. You were one of the lucky ones who stayed out of the jungle. My dad not so much. Now it makes sense why I like you, you're a hero.

Dan

Downloads
    Uploads

Mine was 6years! Included with 4 days/month at a Technical College.
    This also included a term in motor re-winding, of many different types.
    Max.

CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Downloads
    Uploads

If everyone one added our problem child to the Ignore list like I did, I never see any of his stupid posts. He has a NEED to be noticed and when he is no longer gathering attention he will go away.

Al thanks for posting your electrical background sounds like you and I had about the same. .

Dan, I am no hero thats for sure, I was just guy who did his job. I am guessing your Dad never made it back, either way he is the real Hero.

1000x750 Workbee CNC - Mach4 - PMDX USB - Windows 10 Pro

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Ntl View Post
    Didn't waist my time, I know exactly how it works now. You should call them up and educate yourself. Also no one ever said it shouldn't have circuit protection, standard practice. You think you know everything, you don't. When you're wrong you change the narrative to fit your statement. You went from it shouldn't be done to something about fuses. I'm done debating you on something that you are not qualified to talk about. All I'm doing is telling you guys that the company who makes the product says it's designed to run off 240 volts and I know you didn't talk to them. If you did you wouldn't still not understand how the power gets converted and that it's impossible to damage anything. The ac is isolated from the DC. What don't you understand about this fact. I'm sure if you pulled the heads off my SBC you could tell me what the cc port is as well as engine displacement just by looking at it right?

Dan
    Wow you are so funny, never changed anything, if the AC was not isolated you sure would have a problem, all power supplies no matter how they are made, the transformer isolates the input power , this is obviously way over your basic understanding not sure why you keep pretending that you have something that is different

As for your engine nobody could tell you what the CC 's of the port or the combustion chamber are without measuring it, which is an elementary level process, as for engine displacement if you measure the bore and stroke that to is simple math to calculate the volume of a cylinder, with the cylinder volume and the combustion chamber volume then you can easily no what the displacement of the engine is

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

If everyone one added our problem child to the Ignore list like I did, I never see any of his stupid posts. He has a NEED to be noticed and when he is no longer gathering attention he will go away.

Al thanks for posting your electrical background sounds like you and I had about the same. .

Dan, I am no hero thats for sure, I was just guy who did his job. I am guessing your Dad never made it back, either way he is the real Hero.
    He made it back if not I wouldn't be here. But you guys are all heroes in my book.

Last edited by Ntl; 11-10-2018 at 04:18 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Wow you are so funny, never changed anything, if the AC was not isolated you sure would have a problem, all power supplies no matter how they are made, the transformer isolates the input power , this is obviously way over your basic understanding not sure why you keep pretending that you have something that is different

As for your engine nobody could tell you what the CC 's of the port or the combustion chamber are without measuring it, which is an elementary level process, as for engine displacement if you measure the bore and stroke that to is simple math to calculate the volume of a cylinder, with the cylinder volume and the combustion chamber volume then you can easily no what the displacement of the engine is
    You missed the point of without knowing how the engine was built a picture isn't going to tell you anything. You posted a picture of a power supply with the cover off. No one ever said anything about fusing. The question was if you can wire the power supply to 240volts with no ill effect. It has been answered multiple times and the answer is yes. Why is it so hard for you to understand? Yes you did change your narrative and the topic. Show us some of your work. All I've seen is some router you supposedly built in 2011 which by the way I never saw it finished or cutting parts. Also didn't see the controller you built. Post some of your work or give me your company website so I can determine if you know what you're talking about. Right now you just post things that contradict what the manufacturer says. I don't pretend to know everything about electronics or about CNC machines. I will however be happy to swap pictures of custom cars, trucks, and motorcycles I've built with you. You just regergitate Google searches. If not show your work stop talking about how much you know. To me your just some random no it all on a forum. Please tell me your business name so I can stear clear of your products. No way I would want to deal with a problem from anything you make since you would never take any accountability for anything you did wrong.

We all get it bro you know everything have done everything you're perfect, come to think of it you must be Jesus.

Peace out bro,

Dan

Downloads
    Uploads

Dan As I recall you are talking about a mute point as internal fusing of manufactured power supplies. IF they are UL listed or listed in the Country they are sold in and approval has been issued by that agency then the NEC only applies for conductors and branch circuit protection, not internal fusing. I don't have time to look it up right now, but I'd bet my next paycheck on it. IF anyone wants to challenge that then quote me the Article number or don't bother to reply.

Last edited by wmgeorge; 11-10-2018 at 04:04 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Dan As I recall you are talking about a mute point as internal fusing of manufactured power supplies. IF they are UL listed or listed in the Country they are sold in and approval has been issued by that agency then the NEC only applies for conductors and branch circuit protection, not internal fusing. I don't have time to look it up right now, but I'd bet my next paycheck on it. IF anyone wants to challenge that then quote me the Article number or don't bother to reply.

It is legal for a on-off switch to only break one leg of the 220/240 supply the Residential HVAC unit manufactories got that added a few years ago to the Code. It sucks, because the service guy "thinks" the power is dead because the unit is off, but oh no its just one side!! They saved a few bucks, but what the heck. So I always reminded my students to turn off the Unit Disconnect and test. They do the same thing on 3 phase, just break two legs.
    It wasn't me talking about the fuse it was Manteca. I have my power going to a properly rated breaker then to the power supply. That's what I keep trying to tell the guy is no one was talking about the branch circuit. He just doesn't get it. All we were talking about is if it's OK to wire a meanwell to 240volts. That guy does this all the time he changes the topic so he doesn't look like he doesn't know what he's talking about. He keeps saying that the 240volt sticker is for overseas. Anyway I'm done trying to debate him since I already talked to the manufacturer.

Thanks again for sharing your knowledge,
    Dan

Downloads
    Uploads

It wasn't me talking about the fuse it was Manteca. I have my power going to a properly rated breaker then to the power supply. That's what I keep trying to tell the guy is no one was talking about the branch circuit. He just doesn't get it. All we were talking about is if it's OK to wire a meanwell to 240volts. That guy does this all the time he changes the topic so he doesn't look like he doesn't know what he's talking about. He keeps saying that the 240volt sticker is for overseas. Anyway I'm done trying to debate him since I already talked to the manufacturer.

Dan
    Yes I know it was not you. UL Approval means its legal and safe to operate on the published nameplate rating voltage and Hz. The NEC is only involved in the sizing and protection of the branch circuit. Lets see how he twists this one

Downloads
    Uploads

Yes you got it right this time I doubt that there UL approval is valid in the USA or has ever been presented in the USA for Testing and approval, I would challenge MeanWell to present the documents that show it has been UL tested in the USA

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Dan
    Danny_____ show us the post that you said you have the correct sized breaker for the power supply this is all you needed to say when you first posted that you where using 240v NA supply nothing more to it, if it is protected with your breaker if it is sized correctly

You are the only one that is twisting the story, I have never said that you can't run it on 240v NA supply get the facts correct

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Danny_____ show us the post that you said you have the correct sized breaker for the power supply this is all you needed to say when you first posted that you where using 240v NA supply nothing more to it, if it is protected with your breaker if it is sized correctly

You are the only one that is twisting the story, I have never said that you can't run it on 240v NA supply get the facts correct
    Still waiting on your pictures of the amazing things you've built. I also would love to see some of your motors and any cars you've built. Here's a couple of my builds.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Air Cooled Spindle what Hp for the Saturn 2  4x4 ?-12524092_1028287360545757_6831032166678005595_n-jpg   Air Cooled Spindle what Hp for the Saturn 2  4x4 ?-392565_362248490482984_338132052_n-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Yes you got it right this time I doubt that there UL approval is valid in the USA or has ever been presented in the USA for Testing and approval, I would challenge MeanWell to present the documents that show it has been UL tested in the USA
    Look at a MeanWell power supply label and let us know what it says.

Also you do realize that UL is a US based testing company? If they have the rating to be OSHA approved that's all that matters buddy.

Are you suggesting that the UL ratings that MeanWell puts on their power supplies are fake? Do you really think they would be allowed to due businesses in the United States with fraudulent ratings/documents?

Read the label and if you think it's fake call and report them and let me know how that goes.

Dan

Downloads
    Uploads

I can't believe I am alive during the great 240V debate. I can say I was there. wow.

Jack
    Ponder Labs (https://tinyurl.com/y96aky5x)

Downloads
    Uploads

Just good marketing for CNC Zone, people love some drama. I just wonder if dude is ever going to post some of his work. Show me something he built and stop talking about it.

Downloads
    Uploads

Just good marketing for CNC Zone, people love some drama.
    No, they don't.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 29101112