Newbie Pre-Build Thread - Page 4

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Pre-Build Thread

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Ntl View Post
    Yep, and I couldn’t find them outside of ordering them from China. The replacement ones came from CNC router parts so at least now I know where to get them. I actually tried to contact them since I didn’t see them on their site but they never got back to me. If I were you I would have them unstrap your machine so you can make sure the gantry moves smoothly before you take off. I’m having to do a bunch of work to get mine not to bind up. I’m sure I’ll get it a 100% but it shouldn’t take this much work and should ship close to perfect from the manufacturer.

Have them fix it while you’re there if there’s any issues so you don’t have to try and figure it out on your own if there’s a problem. Hopefully yours is fine but mine wasn’t and from what I’ve seen on the forum there have been others with a similar problem as me. Overall I’m very happy with the machine, there’s just some qc issues Nate needs to get sorted out. I almost think my gantry was used since the paint is all messed up on it.

Any way good luck and drive safely,

Dan
    Thanks Dan. Nate has indeed offered to have me inspect the machine before it's crated. I imagine that this would make us both more comfortable that way I can indeed check the smoothness of the gantry and he knows that it's fine when I leave. Win/win.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Pre-Build Thread

Quote Originally Posted by wackocrash5150 View Post
    Noted.

Actually I already bought some 20 tooth pulleys from Ali that are 14mm with a 5mm key. They weren't terribly expensive and I wasn't sure what the kit came with. Same with the coupler for the Z. That must've been a bit frustrating having to wait that long.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Ntl View Post
    Yep, and I couldn’t find them outside of ordering them from China. The replacement ones came from CNC router parts so at least now I know where to get them. I actually tried to contact them since I didn’t see them on their site but they never got back to me. If I were you I would have them unstrap your machine so you can make sure the gantry moves smoothly before you take off. I’m having to do a bunch of work to get mine not to bind up. I’m sure I’ll get it a 100% but it shouldn’t take this much work and should ship close to perfect from the manufacturer.

Have them fix it while you’re there if there’s any issues so you don’t have to try and figure it out on your own if there’s a problem. Hopefully yours is fine but mine wasn’t and from what I’ve seen on the forum there have been others with a similar problem as me. Overall I’m very happy with the machine, there’s just some qc issues Nate needs to get sorted out. I almost think my gantry was used since the paint is all messed up on it.

Any way good luck and drive safely,

Dan

FWIW, I have a source for 5mm key stock, but you have to cut it to length. Here's a link: M5 x 250 mm (10") Length Metric Square Keystock — Type A2 Stainless Steel

The outfit is Tacoma Screw, in Tacoma, WA. I buy a lot of hardware there. Fortunately, it's fairly local to me. I live in Gig Harbor, which is on the other side of the Narrows Bridge (think Galloping Gertie).

Gary

Downloads
    Uploads

Excellent. Thanks for the reply David.

Just getting a few last minute things ready and then it's off to Lebanon PA at the "crack-of-stupid" tomorrow morning for an 8 hour drive there. Long drive but it'll save me about $1k to have it shipped across the border.
    Did you hook up with Nate over the weekend? Did he offer any hint on why he's not replying to messages, posts, texts, etc.? Did you get your machine?

David

David
    Romans 3:23
    CurlyWoodShop - www.etsy.com/shop/CurlyWoodShop
    David Falkner - www.youtube.com/user/difalkner
    difalkner - www.instagram.com/difalkner

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by difalkner View Post
    Did you hook up with Nate over the weekend? Did he offer any hint on why he's not replying to messages, posts, texts, etc.? Did you get your machine?

David
    +

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by difalkner View Post

David

I'm also interested.

Gary

Downloads
    Uploads

With the tone of the last few threads maybe FLA decided he can never leave.
    Should we send help?

Jack.

Jack
    Ponder Labs (https://tinyurl.com/y96aky5x)

Downloads
    Uploads

Lol. I am alive and well. Made it back safe with the unit. Will post more when I get caught up on other things that I put off on prepping for the trip.

Btw; Nate does indeed have a full plate but seemed a super nice guy.

Leon

Downloads
    Uploads

Lol. I am alive and well. Made it back safe with the unit. Will post more when I get caught up on other things that I put off on prepping for the trip.
    Btw; Nate does indeed have a full plate but seemed a super nice guy.
    Leon

OK, glad to hear it, turning the car around.
    Looking forward to your posts.

Jack.

Jack
    Ponder Labs (https://tinyurl.com/y96aky5x)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234