Touch off plate problem

Thread: Touch off plate problem

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Touch off plate problem

I have theCNCRP nema34 plug and play electronics on my Saturn but i can't seem to find the documentation for hooking up a DIY touch off plate anywhere... I ordered mine off ebay and it came with a different style connector than the standard aux port will recieve... Does anybody know if it's possible to hook it up directly to the board? Thanks

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Touch off plate problem

First off, I do not have the CNCRP controller, so I am not an expert on this. However, touch-off plates just work like simple switches, so it should work if you can get it connected. The CNCRP controller uses a standard M12 connector, but I don't know what gender or how many pins. By looking at the AUX port on the controller, you should be able to tell what style of connector you need. Looking at pictures online, it looks like you need a 4-pin male connector for the touch-off plate. You can buy the connectors at a number of places on the web, then just cut off the old connector and solder on the new one.

The next question is which of those two pins do you connect to. It doesn't matter which wire goes to which part of the touch-off plate, but there should only be two wires, not 4. If you look inside the controller, I imagine you will be able to figure out which of the pins is connected to the controller.

-Robert

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by DDgitfiddle View Post
    First off, I do not have the CNCRP controller, so I am not an expert on this. However, touch-off plates just work like simple switches, so it should work if you can get it connected. The CNCRP controller uses a standard M12 connector, but I don't know what gender or how many pins. By looking at the AUX port on the controller, you should be able to tell what style of connector you need. Looking at pictures online, it looks like you need a 4-pin male connector for the touch-off plate. You can buy the connectors at a number of places on the web, then just cut off the old connector and solder on the new one.

The next question is which of those two pins do you connect to. It doesn't matter which wire goes to which part of the touch-off plate, but there should only be two wires, not 4. If you look inside the controller, I imagine you will be able to figure out which of the pins is connected to the controller.

-Robert
    Thanks for the reply, i figured that much..I just thought there may be ports on the board i could use effectively bypassing the AUX port on the CNCRP PNP box... I guess there is no avoiding it and i will have to order the connector..

Downloads
    Uploads

Unfortunately (in this case) CNCRP uses a custom PCB as an interface board for those connectors, so there aren't any places to connect the wires directly.

-Robert

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by DDgitfiddle View Post
    Unfortunately (in this case) CNCRP uses a custom PCB as an interface board for those connectors, so there aren't any places to connect the wires directly.

-Robert
    Yup, opened up the box to try and see and the connectors are soldered directly on the PCB which connects to the main board via ribbon cable :/ , well in any case if anyone knows how to wire up those m12 connectors any info would be nice , thanks!

Downloads
    Uploads

Were you able to figure this out? I’m looking to do the same.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk