New Machine Build FineLine Saturn2 4' x 4' with ClearPath, UC300-ETH / UB1 - Page 7

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Thread: FineLine Saturn2 4' x 4' with ClearPath, UC300-ETH / UB1

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: FineLine Saturn2 4' x 4' with ClearPath, UC300-ETH / UB1

Quote Originally Posted by DDgitfiddle View Post
    Unfortunately, I have better access to mechanical design tools than electrical.
    Thanks Robert & Gerry... I will look at the "Active" toggles tomorrow. Another thing is that I can't find the configuration options for Port 1-O14 & Port 2-O14. Though not obvious in the pictures, Port 2-O14 is blinking. I can't figure out what that is about.
    Robb

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by rcmcdee View Post
    Thanks Robert & Gerry... I will look at the "Active" toggles tomorrow. Another thing is that I can't find the configuration options for Port 1-O14 & Port 2-O14. Though not obvious in the pictures, Port 2-O14 is blinking. I can't figure out what that is about.
    Robb
    Port 2-O14 is the Charge Pump output. It is configured on the I/O Setup tab. It is blinking because the output from he charge pump oscillates by design. The computer can't display it fast enough so it blinks a little erratically. This output should be connected to your safety relay.

Port 1-O14 is the Relay 2 output. You can configure any output to trigger this by assigning Pin 14, Port 1 to any particular output needed in UCCNC. However, it is a "slow" output, meaning that it doesn't react quite as fast as the other outputs because it is a mechanical relay, not an electronic output. The advantage is that the mechanical relay can handle more current than a normal output and it is a true switch, so it is completely isolated from the voltage on the UB1. I used this to enable my spindle so that I wouldn't have to worry about weird voltage differences, current capacity, and because the spindle doesn't require rapid on/off control.

-Robert

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by DDgitfiddle View Post
    Port 2-O14 is the Charge Pump output. It is configured on the I/O Setup tab.
    Thanks for that Robert. Progress has been made and I have the Z and Y axes jogging. Terrible backlash issues on the Y axis with anything more than 10% Jog Feed. X axis not working at the moment even though the motor is powered and green. I am not sure what profile variations I have made recently so I will compare what is working now to your profile and see what that gives me.

I will go back through your schematics to verify the hookups for those ports.

Robb

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for that Robert. Progress has been made and I have the Z and Y axes jogging. Terrible backlash issues on the Y axis with anything more than 10% Jog Feed. X axis not working at the moment even though the motor is powered and green. I am not sure what profile variations I have made recently so I will compare what is working now to your profile and see what that gives me.

I will go back through your schematics to verify the hookups for those ports.

Robb
    Glad to hear you are making progress. The settings should be pretty similar for each motor, except for the need to reverse the slave motor on the Y axis. Could be a wiring thing.

Downloads
    Uploads

Long time away from this project but back on it now. I have the servos tuned and running pretty well at this point. I am now trying to get the spindle up and running.

I have the Hitachi WJ200 and it powers up per the manual. My issue is entering the motor parameters. The manual says I need to set the AVR voltage on A082 but when I use the up arrow it jumps from A045 to A085. I can't get to A082 to set that parameter. Same thing for B012 it jumps from B011 to B037. As well no H group shows in the ESC key page listing.

I tried to reset to factory standard but that made no difference.

Any thoughts?

Robb

Downloads
    Uploads

Long time away from this project but back on it now. I have the servos tuned and running pretty well at this point. I am now trying to get the spindle up and running.

I have the Hitachi WJ200 and it powers up per the manual. My issue is entering the motor parameters. The manual says I need to set the AVR voltage on A082 but when I use the up arrow it jumps from A045 to A085. I can't get to A082 to set that parameter. Same thing for B012 it jumps from B011 to B037. As well no H group shows in the ESC key page listing.

Any thoughts?

Robb
    Yes, but my notes are out in the shop, I will get in the morning. The guide that comes in the box is nearly useless, but on the CD there is a Instruction Manual in PDF format. You can also download it. Makes it a lot easier ,

1000x750 Workbee CNC - Mach4 - PMDX USB - Windows 10 Pro

Downloads
    Uploads

Which PDF do you have for the Hitachi, Robb? I have one that is 514 pages long and that's the one the guys at Drives Warehouse told me to use. I had the same issue two years ago when I was setting mine up and truly don't recall how I got past that but it was easy (I should have taken better notes - ugh!). If you don't have this PDF the PM your email address to me and I'll send it to you.

David

David
    Romans 3:23
    CurlyWoodShop - www.etsy.com/shop/CurlyWoodShop
    David Falkner - www.youtube.com/user/difalkner
    difalkner - www.instagram.com/difalkner

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by difalkner View Post
    Which PDF do you have for the Hitachi, Robb? I have one that is 514 pages long and that's the one the guys at Drives Warehouse told me to use. I had the same issue two years ago when I was setting mine up and truly don't recall how I got past that but it was easy (I should have taken better notes - ugh!). If you don't have this PDF the PM your email address to me and I'll send it to you.

David
    I have 2 PDFs David - NT325CX.pdf = 671 pages & NT3251CX.pdf = 102 pages - both dated October 2014. I will send you the PM and in the meantime go looking for alternatives.

Many thanks,
    Robb

Downloads
    Uploads

Any thoughts?

Robb
    You don't have to set the AVR A082 it is already at the default of your power supply on some models, the other Parameter's you are looking at are also unneeded for your use, you will get your self in a pickle if you set Parameters you don't need to set

These are the only Parameters you need to set if your spindle is 400Hz 24,000RPM

Hitachi Parameter Settings 2.2Kw
    F001=400

A001= 00

A002 = 02

A004=400

A003 = 400 ( Spindle base frequency )

A061 =400

A062 = 100

A081=02 Default ( AVR=00 On all the time 02 Off on Deceleration )

A082 = Default ( Default For Some Models 220v / 230v / 240v Motor Rated voltage )

A151= Default

A152 = Default

A153 = Default

A154 =100 ( Use With Caution Breaking Frequency Adjust to Suit Your Spindle Default=00 )

A155 = 10

B012=9 ( 2.2Kw 9 Amps )

B013=01 ( Default Setting Constant Torque may cause over heating )

B035=01 ( Reverse Rotation Restricted )

B041=120

B046=01

B050=01

B083=8

H003 = 2.2 ( This is your spindle kw rating )

H004 = 2 ( poles )

You can use Auto Tune after you have all Parameters set

H001=02

Last edited by mactec54; 01-25-2019 at 09:26 AM. Reason: added more content
    Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Sorry the voltage needs to be set, it does not default to the power supply. Other settings may be wrong also.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by wmgeorge View Post
    Sorry the voltage needs to be set, it does not default to the power supply. Other settings may be wrong also.
    If he can not change the Parameter then it is locked at the Drives Default Voltage

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails FineLine Saturn2 4' x 4' with ClearPath, UC300-ETH / UB1-a082-avr-jpg  
    Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for this - It seems that I needed to enable edit mode for all parameters to expose what I needed. I will update when I get back to the shop next week.

Robb

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for this - It seems that I needed to enable edit mode for all parameters to expose what I needed. I will update when I get back to the shop next week.

Robb
    Robb I will get mine, the default in the drive is 200 volts, my motor was 220 at 8 amps and that is where I set mine. David had posted his settings but he was using PWM and mine was 0-10 vdc some things changed. Mine is working fine. But its -8 F here and I will not be back in the shop until this afternoon. The Hitachi drive is different from the Chinese ones on what settings need to be changed, I only made a few.

Downloads
    Uploads

Robb
    That is correct when the default gets changed for Parameter setting, then this affects what parameters you can change

Mactec54

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567