Need Help! Symbolic FAPT TURN - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Symbolic FAPT TURN

Downloads
    Uploads

TF just means a single turret lathe with FAPT
    TTF means Twin Turret with FAPT

The material file just contains surface speeds, depth of cut and feed rates for each type of operation (tool) then for each type of material. You don't really need it. You can set the feed, depth of cut and surface speeds when programming the job in FAPT. It's just a convenience.

Which version is your FAPT? I'm guessing it's System P Model G or something like that? My FAPT parameter manual is for 15TTF but most of it could be similar. But like I said most of them should be defaulted and don't need to be changed unless you have an error or you need to change something specific.

If you put up a pic of the screen of the data you want I'll see if it matches with my data or at least if the format is the same.

Downloads
    Uploads

The material file just contains surface speeds, depth of cut and feed rates for each type of operation (tool) then for each type of material. You don't really need it. You can set the feed, depth of cut and surface speeds when programming the job in FAPT. It's just a convenience.
    This will really help me out.

I will look and see what version mine is and take some pics. The 10TF I built just came online about 3 weeks ago. Haven't had much time to play with it.
    Just making sure there are no alarms and the axes move properly.

Downloads
    Uploads

Am still working on this FAPT on my 10TF. Everything I have is as I posted above. I have always wanted a step by step tutorial on FAPT Turn.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Symbolic FAPT TURN

Looking for the tool data file ! Got a hardinge CHNC II 10tf control . Even a walk through of meanings of what its asking for . Like RN ,AC,An, ext. Have a book pages missing ! General Numeric 10 tf operator's manual.
    Well purchace let me know.
    ed.murch@mamcomolding.com
    Thanks in advance
    Ed

Downloads
    Uploads

AC is angle for tool clearance on the leading edge
    AN is tip angle (generally 80, 60, 55, 35 etc)
    RN is tool nose radius
    XN/ZN is for tool nose radius compensation calculations (for right hand tools generally RN = XN = ZN)
    - for left hand tools XN is the same and ZN is minus
    AS is tool mounting angle (generally -90 for turning tools and 180 for boring bars)

For a standard 80 degree insert and right hand turning tool the data is...
    AC 5
    AN 80
    RN 0.04
    XN 0.04
    ZN 0.04
    AS -90

For 55 degree insert (i.e. DNMG) the only thing that changes is AN=55

For a standard 55 degree insert and right hand boring bar the data is...
    AC 87
    AN -55
    RN 0.031
    XN 0.031
    ZN 0.031
    AS 180

If you have other questions or special tooling requirements just ask.

Last edited by fordav11; 10-09-2014 at 03:18 AM.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Is it possible to add or enable Symbolic FAPT (Conversational) to a Fanuc lathe that did not have it from the factory?

Do you know how much that costs?

I am looking to buy a used CNC machine with a Fanuc control, but the machine does not have Symbolic FAPT on it, and my other 3 Daewoo PUMA lathes already have it, and my team really wants our next (used) machine to have it also.

Symbolic FAPT TURN-symbolic_fapt-jpgSymbolic FAPT TURN-symbolic_fapt-jpg

Downloads
    Uploads

Thumbs up Re: Symbolic FAPT TURN

Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    I just purchased a Hardinge Chnc II with a 10tf. The machine runs great but the fapt is not working right. For starters the material and autofapt file are missing. The manual indicates these files should be shown under the family program files soft key. Nothing shows up. The problem with using the fapt is the menus dont show up on the screen. I can entery data blind and the soft keys change as in correction or back/next page. But nothing I enter shows up on the screen. I dont know if this is related to the missing files or something else. The good news that I have 3 punch tapes that have parameters , fapt parameters and chnc macros. Bad news the machine dosnt have a tape reader. PS my 6m does have a tape reader .
    If anyone has seem this and know how to fix it Please let me know.
    And is the fapt program stored on the yellow PC cassette.
    Thanks Drew
    Hi Drew,
    I used to work for Fanuc and it is quite common for this to happen?

Power off the machine and power back up againjust as it comes off the NC Screen it will go onto the FAPT screen,
    In the bottom soft keys is a red one, it should say AUX bit if it is in Japanese it will still be red RED.
    Keep pressing the Red Key unti you get a flashing = at the bottom?
    (sometimes it takes 2~ 3 goes to catch it)
    if you have the flashing = then type in CFINT then input (CONTROL FAPT INITIALISE)
    It will ask you 1 for yes or 0 for no! type in 1 and input
    it will then initialise and you will all be back to Fanuc Standard as in the book.
    If you are in the UK for a day charge (£750) we come and reset it for you.

Regards

Jeff

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12