last turret position Fanuc

Thread: last turret position Fanuc

Downloads
    Uploads

Question last turret position Fanuc

Good day. Is there a way to know what was the last turret tool position used? I am trying to write a macro to know which way I have to turn the turret based on the last turret index position. For instance, if the last tool on the turret used was on index 5 I need to go back to index 3 clockwise but if the last tool used was on index 7 I cannot go counterclockwise to turret index 3, I have to go clockwise in order not to damage my work piece setup. I am installing a tool on turret index 7 that will retrieve the work piece, if I go counterclockwise it will feed the piece in the wrong position and if I go clockwise it will do the job. I have tried doing it via calling the two prior tools manually so it feeds correctly when I physically see or know the last tool in the program but if I let the machine select the direction of the rotation it goes either way so I loose control of the piece position. Thank you in advance for your help.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: last turret position Fanuc

This can be done easily in the ladder. It is possible by modifying the ladder to only rotate the turret in one direction Can you post the ladder?

Downloads
    Uploads

hy duenasg ain't it possible to use a more distant home position, where to index the turret safe ?

i don't know fanuc codes for cw, ccw or shoterts path, as for that i think drdos can help you

few years ago i created an okuma code for colision proof dynamic indexing, and is able to detect in-between indexing posts, with a particular case for opposed ones (those located at 180*), but that should not be a worry if your turret is odd

if you wish, i will share it, you could get the idea and implement it for fanuc

whatever you do ( macro or ladder ), you will not be covered at the 1st index within the program, as for that you will need a system variable for current turret position, or visual inspection before pressing cycle start / kindly

we are merely at the start of " Internet of Things / Industrial Revolution 4.0 " era : a mix of AI, plastics, human estrangement, powerful non-state actors ...

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by duenasg View Post
    Good day. Is there a way to know what was the last turret tool position used? I am trying to write a macro to know which way I have to turn the turret based on the last turret index position. For instance, if the last tool on the turret used was on index 5 I need to go back to index 3 clockwise but if the last tool used was on index 7 I cannot go counterclockwise to turret index 3, I have to go clockwise in order not to damage my work piece setup. I am installing a tool on turret index 7 that will retrieve the work piece, if I go counterclockwise it will feed the piece in the wrong position and if I go clockwise it will do the job. I have tried doing it via calling the two prior tools manually so it feeds correctly when I physically see or know the last tool in the program but if I let the machine select the direction of the rotation it goes either way so I loose control of the piece position. Thank you in advance for your help.
    Pretty sure there is an M code to prevent shortest path to the next turret tool position. Older Fanuc used M17 and M18.

If that doesn't work, you may find there is a "bit select" you can set for omnidirectional or bidirectional control.

If M codes works just use it as required before the next tool call. Bit select may need a different tool call.

Downloads
    Uploads

Thank you all for your assistance. I will provide code if necessary but I will try M17 and M18.