FANUC 18M MAIN PCB

Thread: FANUC 18M MAIN PCB

Downloads
    Uploads

Default FANUC 18M MAIN PCB

Hi All,

I need to to take a look to the Main PCB # A16B-2201-0080 of a Fanuc 18M, but i am not sure about consequences of me removing it, can anyone please tell me if:

1 - the parameters will be erased by doing it...?
    2 - I believe the encoder of all axis will lost their positions so I'll have to go to the APZ procedure in all axis afterwards...right?
    3 - does anyone have the connection manual for this controller?

I apologize for all the question, I'd highly appreciate any information
    thanks in advance

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: FANUC 18M MAIN PCB

yes the parameters will be lost if you keep the board out more than 10 minutes as there is a capacitor on the board that will hold the memory for around 5-10 min untill you plugged in
    but i would suggest to make an RS232 back up for cnc paramteres and pmc parameters,offsets,geometry,pich error,macros and work sets

Make reference on all axes before removing and if you need to do it again will be already in the reference point but i am guessing that old model will have reference dogs so no need to alter parameters
    give the code from the mainboard and we can take a look for connections
    Good luck.

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks very much for your reply Zavateandu

Unfortunately backup isn't an option as the rs232 is dead , I've checked all cables and settings and they all ok, that's why i want to look at the PCB i am sure the IC (chip) for serial communication on the port JD5A is faulty.

Do you, or anyone know how to use port JD5B instead?...According to the manual that port is the rs232 channel 2, but when i set the parameters to use that port, the LSK flashing light doesn't come up when i try to receive data, and nothing happens if i try to punch data out either, it seems like the port is disabled.

Maybe there is a keep relay or special parameter that enables the port I am missing, any clue about that?

I am attaching photo of all numbers i can get without removing the board

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails FANUC 18M MAIN PCB-ab-2201-0080-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by a_v_c View Post
    Hi All,

I need to to take a look to the Main PCB # A16B-2201-0080 of a Fanuc 18M, but i am not sure about consequences of me removing it, can anyone please tell me if:

1 - the parameters will be erased by doing it...?
    2 - I believe the encoder of all axis will lost their positions so I'll have to go to the APZ procedure in all axis afterwards...right?
    3 - does anyone have the connection manual for this controller?

I apologize for all the question, I'd highly appreciate any information
    thanks in advance
    1. The A16B-2201-0080 appears to have a capacitor on the board, so when removed from the rack, it should retain your SRAM memory for at least a half hour. Don't hold me to that, but in my experience, SRAM can last for a few hours. You should still take an SRAM backup beforehand if possible.

2. That depends. Do you see the JA4A connector, APC battery? If something is plugged in there, that provides battery voltage to the absolute pulse coders. If nothing is connected, my guess is you have decel switches and grid shift that determine your home position. In that case, you would simply need to move each axis one turn of the ball screw and then should be able to send every axis home. If there is something connected, best practice is to send all axes home if you can. That way when you lose the home positions, they're already where they need to be.

3. Look for B–62445E/03, there's a hardware section with total connection diagrams.

Downloads
    Uploads

Thumbs up Re: FANUC 18M MAIN PCB

Quote Originally Posted by fielder View Post
    1. The A16B-2201-0080 appears to have a capacitor on the board, so when removed from the rack, it should retain your SRAM memory for at least a half hour. Don't hold me to that, but in my experience, SRAM can last for a few hours. You should still take an SRAM backup beforehand if possible.

2. That depends. Do you see the JA4A connector, APC battery? If something is plugged in there, that provides battery voltage to the absolute pulse coders. If nothing is connected, my guess is you have decel switches and grid shift that determine your home position. In that case, you would simply need to move each axis one turn of the ball screw and then should be able to send every axis home. If there is something connected, best practice is to send all axes home if you can. That way when you lose the home positions, they're already where they need to be.

3. Look for B–62445E/03, there's a hardware section with total connection diagrams.
    Yep definitely with Dec switches...looking at the manual now, thanks for the info