Amera Seiki VAS-3 MIll Issue with tool change.

Thread: Amera Seiki VAS-3 MIll Issue with tool change.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Amera Seiki VAS-3 MIll Issue with tool change.

Programmer was setting up a new part and went to go change tools via ATC. It switched tools and then came down in the position to cut and just sat there. Spindle was not running and table was not moving.

Have not been able to use the machine since. We can not call the ATC to do a tool change. When we try to call program 8888 (manual tool change in the machine), the z axis goes up to the position where its suppose to for a split second, then goes to Z home and comes back down like its already changed. I have had two techs come out to no avail.

The first tech was more mechanical side and tried to figure it out, he ruled out that the magazine index motor broke. He was able to turn it in its home position via the Magnetic Contacts in the back with a screw driver.
    Side note for this magnetic contact: when the machine turns on fully with the front panel turned on. This contact gets pressed in automatically like its being called to index the magazine all the time. Not entirely sure why.

The second tech was more software side and has been trying to rule out everything possible with issues.

I backed up both sets of parameters and received both copies as well from Amera but the book I have barely tells me what D parameter is what, I would like to know which one does what before I start changing values.

There are 0 alarms on the control displayed by the way.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by franmarmfg View Post
    Programmer was setting up a new part and went to go change tools via ATC. It switched tools and then came down in the position to cut and just sat there. Spindle was not running and table was not moving.

Have not been able to use the machine since. We can not call the ATC to do a tool change. When we try to call program 8888 (manual tool change in the machine), the z axis goes up to the position where its suppose to for a split second, then goes to Z home and comes back down like its already changed. I have had two techs come out to no avail.

The first tech was more mechanical side and tried to figure it out, he ruled out that the magazine index motor broke. He was able to turn it in its home position via the Magnetic Contacts in the back with a screw driver.
    Side note for this magnetic contact: when the machine turns on fully with the front panel turned on. This contact gets pressed in automatically like its being called to index the magazine all the time. Not entirely sure why.

The second tech was more software side and has been trying to rule out everything possible with issues.

I backed up both sets of parameters and received both copies as well from Amera but the book I have barely tells me what D parameter is what, I would like to know which one does what before I start changing values.

There are 0 alarms on the control displayed by the way.
    If you press cycle start button at this point do you get another message ?

Use the wiring diagrams and check the tool clamp inputs. If there is a wiring or switch fault the tool may not give a clamp confirmation signal.

Also check the correct pull stud is in the tool. Check the pull stud is not loose.

Btw There is a tool table in the Fanuc data page to track where tools are, it relates to the tools in the magazine, transfer arm and spindle. Did your service tech check anything?