Problem The machine vibrated when jogging in 1 direction

Thread: The machine vibrated when jogging in 1 direction

Downloads
    Uploads

Default The machine vibrated when jogging in 1 direction

Dear all, I have a Fanuc machine with a 180i controller. It use linear scale for X and Y axis. The problem is that when I jog +X, the table just keep shaking. It get bigger the slower the machine move. This will not appear as I jog -X or any others direction. I am desperately for any ideas!

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: The machine vibrated when jogging in 1 direction

Disable the linear scale and check using only the motor encoder and see if it is still there the vibration
    i think you have a problem with the linear scale

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by zavateandu View Post
    Disable the linear scale and check using only the motor encoder and see if it is still there the vibration
    i think you have a problem with the linear scale
    I agree, it may need sending to a shop to be cleaned or repaired. But reader head could be loose also. You are right to recommend turning off the scale to test using jog button only and middle of the axis for safety. Don't want to hit the end stop or overtravel the scale.

I would check the reader head gap is correct first.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by PassengerCNC View Post
    Dear all, I have a Fanuc machine with a 180i controller. It use linear scale for X and Y axis. The problem is that when I jog +X, the table just keep shaking. It get bigger the slower the machine move. This will not appear as I jog -X or any others direction. I am desperately for any ideas!
    Turn off the scale in the parameters to test using jog button only and middle of the axis for safety. You don't want to hit the end stop or overtravel the scale for more damage. Don't reference the axis with the scale turned off in case you damage the scale.

I would check the reader head is tight and gap is correct first (0.8mm each end maybe?).

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: The machine vibrated when jogging in 1 direction

Thanks guys! I have already turned off the scale and the vibration disappeared. Then I replaced it with a normal scale ( from a different machine), it give the exact problem. How weird is that!
    Is there any chances the CNC and the linear scale have a disagreement somehow?

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by PassengerCNC View Post
    Thanks guys! I have already turned off the scale and the vibration disappeared. Then I replaced it with a normal scale ( from a different machine), it give the exact problem. How weird is that!
    Is there any chances the CNC and the linear scale have a disagreement somehow?
    It could be the cable or the plug connector at the CNC end. Check cable for kinks or damage, unplug and re-seat the NC plug.