Problem Not ready alarm on Fanuc control for a lathe Takisawa

Thread: Not ready alarm on Fanuc control for a lathe Takisawa

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Not ready alarm on Fanuc control for a lathe Takisawa

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Farirai View Post
    Hi, may you please assist me on 'Not Ready' Alarm 0615-07 on my Fanuc controlled Takisawa TC-3
    Not ready is usually to do with the emergency stop circuit. Many things could lead to it. Using the wiring diagrams check e-stop line continuity end to end, if open circuit, check each point along the circuit, rather like finding a break in a daisy chain.

It could be emergency stop switch or signal. End limit switch, air pressure, oil pressure, a 100v fuse etc.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Not ready alarm on Fanuc control for a lathe Takisawa

Check the servo amplifiers. If they aren't ok there will also be not ready displayed.
    On amplifiers there is a single or two digits display showing internal error in the amplifier. Usually if everything is ok they display 0.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Not ready alarm on Fanuc control for a lathe Takisawa

We've got a TC-4 here. Most common issue we've had is Input Units going bad, the power supply it controls is probably second on the list. The drives are probably old, open frame types with 7-8 discrete LED's for common alarms like OV, OC, etc. With the lathe control ON, both drives had a green Ready LED lit up, the Input Unit also had a green LED ON. I then e-stopped it and checked, both drives turned the green LED OFF so both appear to be dead, the green LED on the Input Board stayed ON. I agree, the E-stop chain is the most likely culprit. If that all checks out, check the status of the Input Unit. If that's unhappy, it won't turn the power supply for the main backplane ON and she won't come out of E-stop. If that's good, I'd check all the power rails coming off the supply. One other thing, it seems to me that the waylube unit may have been alarmed out and keeping the machine from coming up.... was a long time ago, we have over 100 machines so I might be getting confused in my old age...