Fanuc Keep Relay?

Thread: Fanuc Keep Relay?

Default Fanuc Keep Relay?

I work with a machine with a Fanuc control. It uses a number of Keep Relays to disable options in the PLC. I want to disable one of them mostly for diagnostic purposes, but after I force the Keep Relay, the machine resets it back to the original state after a power cycle. What do I have to do to make my change permanent?

Similar Threads:

Default Re: Fanuc Keep Relay?

Keep Relays can be turned on and off through the ladder or if the OEM has generated custom screens through macro executer/Fanuc Picture.
    Search the address you are changing in the ladder and see if it appears. If it is found then a ladder edit would be required. If it isn't found and there is custom software it is most likely done there and can not be changed.

Ex:
    K10 is the address you are working with
    K10.6

Search K10.6 and see if there is a write (coil) for it.

Also search K8, K9, K10 to see if a sub routine runs into K10.

Quote Originally Posted by oetkbyentc View Post
    Keep Relays can be turned on and off through the ladder or if the OEM has generated custom screens through macro executer/Fanuc Picture.
    Search the address you are changing in the ladder and see if it appears. If it is found then a ladder edit would be required. If it isn't found and there is custom software it is most likely done there and can not be changed.

Ex:
    K10 is the address you are working with
    K10.6

Search K10.6 and see if there is a write (coil) for it.

Also search K8, K9, K10 to see if a sub routine runs into K10.
    There is no coil for this keep relay in the PLC. It is only shows up once as a NC contact.