Need Help! Parameter problem

Thread: Parameter problem

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Parameter problem

I have a 1989 Mori Seiki SL-15 with a Fanuc 10T control. Had to have the spindle servo control repaired, afterwards had to reload parameters. That's where the fun starts...

In the Handy Settings page I cannot set the input unit to inch mode, I enter 1 but does not change from 0.

PC Data table settings does not have the D108 (number of turret stations) or D110 (lube pump counter) settings to define.

Parameter 0010 (mm:inch) cannot change to 1.

There are 8 9XXXX series parameters that do not match my document that displays "LOCKED PARAMETER" when I try to change them.

When machine is on the message is OT 002 Z over travel (soft 1) is displayed.

The ERR light is on also.

Any guidance is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!

Similar Threads:

Default Re: Parameter problem

I suspect much of your issue is caused by the 9000 series which are option parameters.
    Not being able to select inch for example is probably due to not having the inch/metric switching option set.
    The D areas are set by the data table control section. If you do not see a data table or data point the control section has not been set up fully

The overtravel may be due to not having homed he axis. Once everything else is set power up while pressing the P and Cancel key to bypass the soft ot until home is done.

Downloads
    Uploads

Are these corrections I can make? Or do I need to bring in a tech?

You can most likely make them. On the 10/11/12 series I believe the options are set through a mode called IPL which is accessed at power up while holding 2 keys.
    Its been a long time since I have put hands on a 10 so I cant guide you on the PMC Data table screens.
    There are many here that still use that series regularly and may be able to guide you.

Once all is said and done, test fully all functions to ensure the parameter set used was current to your operations.

Downloads
    Uploads

Make sure 8000 and 8010 all all 1's (11111111). Now when you load in the parameter file the option bits will populate as well.

Downloads
    Uploads

Do you have a LIST of the parameters starting with #9000?
    Send me an email cnc@tulipmemory.com with that list and I will send you the procedure.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by oetkbyentc View Post
    You can most likely make them. On the 10/11/12 series I believe the options are set through a mode called IPL which is accessed at power up while holding 2 keys.
    Its been a long time since I have put hands on a 10 so I cant guide you on the PMC Data table screens.
    There are many here that still use that series regularly and may be able to guide you.

Once all is said and done, test fully all functions to ensure the parameter set used was current to your operations.
    I think I'm 90% there (or better). I basically had to clear memory and start by reloading the 9XXX series parameters in hexadecimal format. The continuing problem is PC/NC parameters, namely the Data Table Settings Values. I cannot access 2 settings to change the parameters, the D108 for number of turret locations and D110 for OP counter lube pump. I believe this is causing the new PMC Alarm 0344 Turret Parameter Setting Error. Any ideas?

Thanks!!

Downloads
    Uploads

after turning ON PWE, set KEEPR 17 bit 1 to a '1'. Then try again.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by memoryman View Post
    after turning ON PWE, set KEEPR 17 bit 1 to a '1'. Then try again.
    There isn't a KEEPR 17 bit to change. Only goes K0 to K14.

Downloads
    Uploads

I think I'm 90% there (or better). I basically had to clear memory and start by reloading the 9XXX series parameters in hexadecimal format. The continuing problem is PC/NC parameters, namely the Data Table Settings Values. I cannot access 2 settings to change the parameters, the D108 for number of turret locations and D110 for OP counter lube pump. I believe this is causing the new PMC Alarm 0344 Turret Parameter Setting Error. Any ideas?

Thanks!!

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks!!

Downloads
    Uploads

Am able to access all the pages of the Data Table Settings parameters (there's a lot of them), but the 2 I need to set are not included. Is there a way to add these 2 parameters to the table?

Downloads
    Uploads

On them machine the 10t and M make sure and turn PWE on with the right screen frist
    Setting 8000 to one and make sure you can change parameters first of anytype
    If i remeber right ------------Setting /Parameter /Page up and should be right there but its going on 20 yrs now
    IPL screen is only for complete startup as if you had deleted the memory and not needed unless you have ?

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by lshingleton View Post
    On them machine the 10t and M make sure and turn PWE on with the right screen frist
    Setting 8000 to one and make sure you can change parameters first of anytype
    If i remeber right ------------Setting /Parameter /Page up and should be right there but its going on 20 yrs now
    IPL screen is only for complete startup as if you had deleted the memory and not needed unless you have ?
    I needed to use the IPL screen to load the 9XXX series parameters, then went back and loaded the rest. They're all in now but machine will not move and states ZRN required in both axis. Can't even jog. Aren't these 30 year old machines supposed to be simple??? UGGGHHH

Downloads
    Uploads

At the end of IPL screen go back to menu and says check limit switch at power on --Hit Y and exit --------Finish power up on main screen and home ?