Problem SRAM

Thread: SRAM

Downloads
    Uploads

Default SRAM

stand alone unit 18i-LNB "A02B-0283-B801" with touch lcd with i/o "A02B-0281-C087"

I can't open the backup file in ladder3 it gives an error (PMC-SB7) when decompiling the file.

And in the unit, when I try to activate the bit to edit, it always returns to 0 (some Gxx.x instruction blocking editing on the PLC).

Can someone give me an SRam file for 18i-LNB unit "A02B-0283-B801" without PMC password and standard machine or another one that I can use?
    Unit with DCS functions...
    then I fix the PLC to adapt to my needs.

my best regards

Similar Threads:
    Last edited by 100nick; 07-16-2022 at 07:29 PM. Reason: avoid rules problem

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: SRAM

You are basically screwed. 18i-LNB is a LINE Transfer Control which plays by different rules. You will have to replace the hardware (Main board) with a standard 18iMB (18iTB in case of a lathe). You will have to create the ladder yourself and address all of the I/O. The only big issue I see will be the Fanuc option bits. If the controller is newer than 2007 (Either this LNB or the replacement one) then you will have to get Fanuc involved with enabling any options that you may need. There is no guarantee that Fanuc will even entertain doing something like this.

Downloads
    Uploads

will probably get around the problem, I just have to be able to enter the ladder in edit mode.
    The unit is from 03-2005. and it was probably from a gantry.
    I also have an 18i-MA unit as a background, but it has a hardware problem in the CPU module socket. some fool forced the cpu module to fit in and left it for parts, but i know i can repair the unit.
    unit is not for milling or lathe, but for simple movements of one or two axes only (2/4 axis controller board in).
    Rebuilding the PLC for my needs is not a problem in this case because the use will be basic and simple and I know I can do it.
    I already have a ladder made with the I/0 directed to and address all so for testing.
    I will try to load the edited ladder program (in cboot mode), to see if I can overcome the lock to edit mode, the unit has several communication addon modules, with a complex ladder program, and that must be blocking the unit.
    But thanks for the reply "drdos"
    best reagards

Last edited by 100nick; 07-17-2022 at 08:53 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by drdos View Post
    You are basically screwed. 18i-LNB is a LINE Transfer Control which plays by different rules. You will have to replace the hardware (Main board) with a standard 18iMB (18iTB in case of a lathe). You will have to create the ladder yourself and address all of the I/O. The only big issue I see will be the Fanuc option bits. If the controller is newer than 2007 (Either this LNB or the replacement one) then you will have to get Fanuc involved with enabling any options that you may need. There is no guarantee that Fanuc will even entertain doing something like this.
    hello again "drdos", I found a lathe that uses the 18i-LNB as a controller. the FUJI-ANS-31P uses this type of control.
    any way for someone to have the PLC here on the forum?
    reagards