Need Help! Cycle time on Fanuc CNC control.

Thread: Cycle time on Fanuc CNC control.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Cycle time on Fanuc CNC control.

Hey everyone!
    I have a problem on Fanuc CNC control.
    That when i use M00 or M01.The cycle time keeps running and I am wondering if there is a parameter that will change it to make it stop at the M00 or M1.
    thanks for the help

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Cycle time on Fanuc CNC control.

Hey there Tom. A CNC model would help narrow things down a bit, but I don't think there's a parameter for that. I may be wrong. May I ask why this is an issue for you (or your client)?

Downloads
    Uploads

An issue is my boss want to know exact time to make a product to calculate a price. A CNC model is FANUC Series 0i-TF.

Downloads
    Uploads

The PMC ladder handles how the M01 and M00 stops the program. If they are simply turning on Feed Hold then it most likely that the cycle is still running. You could try using M02 however based on how the parameters are set it might work just like the M30.
    Or if you want you can use a macro:#3012 #100=#3012 to start and at the end #101= #3012. Then simply subtract the two....
    This variable can be used to read the current time (hours/minutes/seconds). Hours/minutes/seconds information is converted to an apparent decimal number. For example, 34 minutes and 56 seconds after 3 p.m. is represented as 153456.

Downloads
    Uploads

Drdos is correct. Just did a quick pass on the 0i-f param manual and there's nothing that stops the cycle time counter from running on a program stop or option stop.

#3012 is probably the least programming intensive way to get what you want, but you need to be cognizant of read-ahead (depending on your cycle). If read-ahead catches the #xxx=#3012 several (or dozens) of lines before the M0 or M1, your resultant time will be inaccurate. To combat this, you can set up an M code that prevents buffering to place immediately before the #xxx=#3012.

If this is a recurring thing you guys need to do, you could also modify the ladder to window read 6757/6758 on execution of the m0/m1 and window write it back on the subsequent cycle start.. it would be a little more work but it would be a little more automatic. I'm just spit balling ideas. Feel free to disregard.

Software backups matter! If you don't know how to save and load backups, find out how... asap. You -WILL- thank yourself!

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by tomnguyen98 View Post
    An issue is my boss want to know exact time to make a product to calculate a price. A CNC model is FANUC Series 0i-TF.
    Like DRDOS said you can insert these in your programs
    An easy one will show you 10 seconds untill finish

Cycle time on Fanuc CNC control.-2022-01-29-11_37_16-window-jpg
    Cycle time on Fanuc CNC control.-2022-01-29-11_37_35-window-jpg

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by zavateandu View Post
    Like DRDOS said you can insert these in your programs
    An easy one will show you 10 seconds untill finish
    Zav,

True, but again, you need to be aware of read ahead. Timing on a real CNC is not the same as it is on NCGuide. Please don't gloss over other responses.

Last edited by MrAverage; 01-29-2022 at 06:51 AM.
    Software backups matter! If you don't know how to save and load backups, find out how... asap. You -WILL- thank yourself!

Downloads
    Uploads

Hey
    i see you are new here,so try to see between the lines and do not jump without thinking
    The post is not only to solve his problem but to give also informations for many people that has less experince and do not know all things
    I made an example for 10 seconds that will last the same in our planet,as far as i know,maybe your thinking is slower and you can not get it.
    Of course between my EOB he will have his program taht will count the seconds and the last will be the subtract of macros.
    Please check your place and try to not show us how good you are already,please,i saw dozen of you.
    I do not hijack other's post only for making me visible,people from here know me ,i do not make a living on that,
    Good luck

Downloads
    Uploads

Ok. If you want to go there, we can go there Zav.

Yes, I am fairly new to these forums. I started contributing here because I am fairly good at what I do for a living and I want to help newer people get into my profession. Being "new" to this forum doesn't automatically mean I don't know what I'm talking about.

However, when you insult me because you cant understand how YOU are wrong, that's a different matter. I understand that you don't know what read ahead or buffering is, and I would have gladly explained it to you if you weren't a jerk about it.

Learn how Fanuc CNCs work before trying to belittle how I instruct other people.

Downloads
    Uploads

A medal for Zeus please!

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by zavateandu View Post
    A medal for Zeus please!
    Is that my "place" then? Grow up dude.

Downloads
    Uploads

At Start of Tool or Sub program or after your M1
    M1
    #3001=0(clears the timer )

Cutting program

end of program
    #550=#3001
    excat time to three decimal places
    Next M1