Focus CNC FNL 320SY with FANUC series 18i-TB controller

Thread: Focus CNC FNL 320SY with FANUC series 18i-TB controller

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Focus CNC FNL 320SY with FANUC series 18i-TB controller

Getting alarm 1030 error when changing tools in the machine, ‘T change over time’ . Any suggestion how to solve it? Cannot use machine in automatic as it gives alarm after every tool change.

In both automatic and manual mode, after tool change manual turret indexing button remains lighted until manually reset

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Focus CNC FNL 320SY with FANUC series 18i-TB controller-b09f2a43-1e9c-4310-a995-35d15dcf90ac-jpg   Focus CNC FNL 320SY with FANUC series 18i-TB controller-c2d228de-4386-41de-a3c2-a2ed19addbb3-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Focus CNC FNL 320SY with FANUC series 18i-TB controller

If the tool change is complete from mechanical point of view and tools are changing normal with no problems ,you have to increase the timer for tool change sequence.
    Ussually this timer is a little bigger than the time is need it for a complete tool change,when they made the machine,but if some component is moving slower becasue of warn during time,like ATC arm or pocket down/up or magazin rotating...that time will be passed and you will have alarm.
    You can track that timer looking on the PMC ladder sequence for that alarm or is also in the electrical book of the machine
    If not,copy the ladder from machine and send it to us and we can look for that timer.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by zavateandu View Post
    If the tool change is complete from mechanical point of view and tools are changing normal with no problems ,you have to increase the timer for tool change sequence.
    Ussually this timer is a little bigger than the time is need it for a complete tool change,when they made the machine,but if some component is moving slower becasue of warn during time,like ATC arm or pocket down/up or magazin rotating...that time will be passed and you will have alarm.
    You can track that timer looking on the PMC ladder sequence for that alarm or is also in the electrical book of the machine
    If not,copy the ladder from machine and send it to us and we can look for that timer.
    Since the alarm timer is fixed for 5s, we’ll have to change timers in execution of tool change sequence, is that what you are suggesting?

If so this will require changing a series of timers

Downloads
    Uploads

yes,it should be a timer that will be the sum of all timers so you need to find only that timer

Before timers are changed there are some things that should be checked.

Was the tool change working prior.
    If yes, extending a timer MAY be masking a mechanical issue that is worsening.
    There are times where things do wear and take longer which in some cases warrants slight increases. But this should be confirmed as the case.

I see a HOLD is indicated. This could means the M06 did not complete vs a component being out of place following a complete M06.
    The ladder or OEM documents should be looked at to see what the M06 sequence is to determine what did not reach position in the time allotted.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Rexyfur View Post
    Since the alarm timer is fixed for 5s, we’ll have to change timers in execution of tool change sequence, is that what you are suggesting?

If so this will require changing a series of timers
    I will keep that in mind, currently working on checking sensors status before making timers modifications

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by oetkbyentc View Post
    Before timers are changed there are some things that should be checked.

Was the tool change working prior.
    If yes, extending a timer MAY be masking a mechanical issue that is worsening.
    There are times where things do wear and take longer which in some cases warrants slight increases. But this should be confirmed as the case.

I see a HOLD is indicated. This could means the M06 did not complete vs a component being out of place following a complete M06.
    The ladder or OEM documents should be looked at to see what the M06 sequence is to determine what did not reach position in the time allotted.
    I doing T commands to change tools for the tests, and the alarms occurs at at every tool position, so I am guessing a faulty sensor may be at place, checking status of sensors right now. The hold occurs from the alarm (my guess).

Following turret unclamping and re clamping sensors status, i fould see the sequence of tool change being completed