USB adapter for old Fanuc P-G computers works

Thread: USB adapter for old Fanuc P-G computers works

Downloads
    Uploads

Default USB adapter for old Fanuc P-G computers works

just wanted to put this up as over the past decade or so, PG questions had come up several times... Nalbantov has tinkered around with the now common GoTek floppy emulators, and we bought a couple at work to try in our Pigs... well as of today, my 32 year old pig is happy to run without floppies- and i'm happy as a lark, as now I can back all my files up- images anyways- with no muss/fuss at all.
    the PG has some odd configuration stuff, none of the gotek/other brand drives we bought would do anything, the Nalbantov was a bit more expensive, but we bought one anyways...tried off and on, got busy on other things, a year later, got back to it, emailing them they are super helpful- but there was still issues...snail-mailed some PG formatted floppies with project files to Bulgaria, and they were able to sort out what was needed...

Anyone still running a PG MarkII or Mate for working on old stuff, you might want to check into these, they work identical to the floppies as far as speed/size, cant even tell its there- except it works reliably. I did find theres a guy who sells musical equipment on ebay (ironically, the guy who started Nalbantov got his start doing them for odd pianos and such- guess they were all weird as fanuc) can modify some panasonic floppies to work in the pig also- got one of his drives a month ago after finding all our pig drives had died in storage... so now I have a functional floppy and a way to copy/store 99 floppies on one USB stick that I can backup anywhere...

the gotek drives are great for typical stuff running old floppies- but if you cant figure out the config to make it work, get a Nalbantov- they'll not quit till its running, and they'll get it working.USB adapter for old Fanuc P-G computers works-20211201_102510-jpg

the guy I was working with is named Stoyn, his email is ncm@n-electronics.com sure he could put together a link to one with needed config files if anyones shopping for one. think they are $250 ish, but if needed, well worth it. had heard from one guy who supposedly had another emulator running in a pig, but could never get info on what... anyway, this works