Fanuc 3M Drip Feed

Thread: Fanuc 3M Drip Feed

Default Fanuc 3M Drip Feed

We finally have a somewhat decent post processor for our Fanuc 3M Accumill. But now that we can create much more complex (and sub sequentially larger) programs, our little old 3M is running out of memory. I can only store an estimated 16kB, not nearly enough for our complex programs.

So I want to drip feed to the control. I looked up others trying to do the same thing but is seems few have come to a conclusion. I see some buying expensive extra hardware, but I don't want to go down that road unless absolutely necessary. Our control has a tape reader along with a mysterious black box behind the panel (see images). I wonder if this could be some kind of adapter for drip feeding? We have a laptop wired in via RS232 directly to the back of the tape reader just to load programs. Was the tape reader meant to only load into memory? Or was it used to drip feed and execute directly?

Thanks,
    Justin

Similar Threads:

Default Re: Fanuc 3M Drip Feed

I have a 3m and have been drip feeding it for years. My setup required buying the 8 chips from Memmex in Canada. They are the ones under the black CPA plug on the top of the motherboard. They were expensive but all I have to do to switch from machine memory to drip feeding thru the rs232 port is hit the e-stop and change the I/O parameter to a 1. If you plan on using alot of long programs it might be the way to go. Just for a side note the display doesn't show the program while running in drip feed mode. The program has to be read from the pc screen. Hope this helps some. Dan

Do you know if they have a website or some place we can order them? are they still around and about how much did the set of new chips run you?

Thanks,
    Justin

Quote Originally Posted by WakelessFoil View Post
    Do you know if they have a website or some place we can order them? are they still around and about how much did the set of new chips run you?

Thanks,
    Justin
    Try one of this number.

Memex Inc.
    Burlington, On L7n 3v6 canada
    905-635-1540
    Ask for
    Wayne McPhail.

Downloads
    Uploads

Wayne McPhail. left years ago.