Need Help! Fanuc 3m watchdog alarm

Thread: Fanuc 3m watchdog alarm

Default Fanuc 3m watchdog alarm

Hello everyone I am new to this site. I have a Kiwa Excel center with a Fanuc 3m model c. The other day I was running the machine and it was operating in auto without problems. I went to shut the machine off and while hand wheeling the z down the head jumped a little. A watchdog alarm and others came up on the screen but I cant remember what the others were. I hit reset and ran the program in auto one more time with no problems. I shut the machine off and when I tried to restart it nothing came up on the screen. I opened up the control cabinet and there are no led's lit up on the motherboard. I tested the voltages on the power supply and on the motherboard and all are correct. After that I tried disconnecting all of the connectors on the motherboard except the 3 on the top. There was still no screen and no led's lit on the board. What else can I try? Thanks everyone. Dan

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Fanuc 3m watchdog alarm

Did you check the fuses? look at the little green ones, see if there is a white flag in any. Maybe something in the machine is not locked and ready. Check any turrets if it has them. I don’t know a thing about machining centers, I’m a Swiss screw machine guy.

Quote Originally Posted by MX1 View Post
    Did you check the fuses? look at the little green ones, see if there is a white flag in any. Maybe something in the machine is not locked and ready. Check any turrets if it has them. I don’t know a thing about machining centers, I’m a Swiss screw machine guy.
    I checked one fuse at the top of the motherboard for continuity, I didn't check for a white flag. I will look again for more fuses.

Quote Originally Posted by camaro_dan67 View Post
    I checked one fuse at the top of the motherboard for continuity, I didn't check for a white flag. I will look again for more fuses.
    I bought another motherboard. I set the two of them next to each other and the ram and rom chips are different between the two. There are also movable jumpers on the boards in different places. My question is do I try the new board the way it is or transfer the chips and jumpers to the new board to match the old one exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by camaro_dan67 View Post
    I bought another motherboard. I set the two of them next to each other and the ram and rom chips are different between the two. There are also movable jumpers on the boards in different places. My question is do I try the new board the way it is or transfer the chips and jumpers to the new board to match the old one exactly?
    I ended up transferring all of the socketed chips from the original board to the ebay board. After putting all the parameters in I get a servo alarm number 34. The manual says a feedback cable from z axis motor is disconnected. I checked the plugs on the velocity control unit and didn't see anything strange. There were no alarms on the velocity control unit so I guess it comes down to cables or plugs. Did anyone else ever have this problem?