Need Help! SV 1 ALARM ON FANUC 5 CONTROLS

Thread: SV 1 ALARM ON FANUC 5 CONTROLS

Downloads
    Uploads

Default SV 1 ALARM ON FANUC 5 CONTROLS

Hello All,

I am currently facing an issue running my Mazak 2L Dynaturn Lathe with Fanuc 5 Controls. Fanuc has rebuilt the Servo motor and technicians have looked at this machine twice. The SV 1 alarm keeps going off when the machine moves in Negative X in Rapid mode. All other axis's work fine. Can you reprogram this type of machine to run in a slower mode other than Rapid? The machine works fine in Dry Run and Jog. Has anyone ever run parts in Dry Run instead of Rapid? Or has anyone had a similar issue with a machine like this.

Thanks for any help.

Elliott

Similar Threads:

Default Re: SV 1 ALARM ON FANUC 5 CONTROLS

If you are certain the machine is mechanically ok (thrust bearings good, gibs adjusted correctly) I suspect a drive. I'm thinking that vintage used a forward and reverse bank of transistors/thyristors so one direction can be ok while the other is weak or bad (bad would typically be a constant alarm).
    Does the axis drive show any alarm LED's when the alarm trips? If you have 2 identical drives have you swapped them?

And a note on Dry Run. Aside from being a constant rate vs a programed rate, I have seen where some OEM's bypass things like waiting for SAR (at speed) while it is active.