Need Help! Leadwell MCV-OP, Control system wont start

Thread: Leadwell MCV-OP, Control system wont start

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Leadwell MCV-OP, Control system wont start

Leadwell MCV-OP, Control system wont start-leadwell-jpg

I rolled in this machine in my shop today, got it for a good price and I will change the control system later but for now I would like to try it as it is.
    The seller stated that they only unplugged it and it was working when they did and I have no reason to dought them but when I try to start it (with the green button on the left side) nothing happends?
    No screen, no leds no relay click, nothing.

Fans and stuff are running and some leds on the servo drives and vfd are lit.
    The supply voltage and phases are correct.

Any suggestions?

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Leadwell MCV-OP, Control system wont start-leadwell-jpg  

Default Re: Leadwell MCV-OP, Control system wont start

Possibly wire loosened during shipping?
    Possible a breaker got knocked or a fuse.

The operators panel makes me think its an older 0 control?
    If it is an early 0A/B;
    I would look for the "input unit". This device is where the on/off buttons and the 200vac for the control are connected. There should be a green led that is lit when powered.
    There is also a red led that would indicate trouble.
    This unit also has some fuses on it as well.

Downloads
    Uploads

Ops it was the door interlock :O

Another problem, when I home it it goes to over travel, I press Home mode, choose axis and the start home, is that the right sequence?
    It just run the axis to the limit switch.Leadwell MCV-OP, Control system wont start-home-jpg

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Leadwell MCV-OP, Control system wont start-home-jpg  

Fanuc Home operation is generally as follows for older non-absolute machines;
    Jog axis away from home position several inches - This ensures the decel dog will cross the home switch when homing. If the axis has older scales with a single reference mark it ensures the mark will be seen as well.
    Select home mode.
    Press the direction that will move the axis to home position. The axis will start moving at rapid.
    When the axis hits the decel dog it will decelerate.
    When the axis comes off the backside of the decel dog it will stop at the next electronic grid.

Now some machines have an issue where a gravity axis will drop, or an axis was manually moved and a soft overtravel will be activated prior to reaching home. There is a keystroke / power up routine to bypass this.
    If you are hitting a hard overtravel you need to determine if the decel switch is functioning.

It is also possible the oem is doing something funny with the home mode where it doesnt operate as "normal" for a Fanuc control.

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for your answers, its most appreciated!

This seem to work somewhat differently, I press Home, then it does not matter which direction of the axis I press, both lit up and when I press Start home it moves in the minus direction, and I have tried to jog it almost to the far end without any success :/
    The Y axis does the same thing, must be something I´m missing here.

The manual seem to show a different system so that does not help.

Not knowing the exact series of control you have I am going to assume that it is not absolute encoders.
    So, based on your description OEM is doing something in the logic. You need to look there to see what conditions are causing the behavior.

Downloads
    Uploads

If the manual is to be trusted it should be 0M-Model B or 00M-Model B
    It says series O-M om the front, se picture.
    Is there a page where I can see the inputs and check the at least the signal gets trhrough?
    I get no indication in the electrical cabinet when pressing the home swithches, maybe its only something wrong with the voltage feed to the switches.
    Cant find them in the schematics either :/ will have to do some searching when I have a bit more time.

Leadwell MCV-OP, Control system wont start-front-jpg

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Leadwell MCV-OP, Control system wont start-front-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Fixed Z with setting parameter 702 to 999999, I expect that x and y will work as well after the same procedure.
    I guess the axis have moved after they shut the power down.

Hi. CAN+P on startup will make it forget the soft limits, and set new ones when homing. But I'd test if the hard limit switches are working ok first. I've had the same machine for a couple of years now, at first I also thought about replacing the control, but it runs reasonably well with MicroDNC, so haven't bothered.

Downloads
    Uploads

I tried CAN+P at startup but it did not help, are you sure its can+p on this system? P is also L and Q on the same button.