21i-t program pause??

Thread: 21i-t program pause??

Downloads
    Uploads

Default 21i-t program pause??

This is a dump question, but I can’t seem to figure it out.

How do I pause a program?

I need to pause the program, jog the tool out of the way, measure diameter, then continue program. This has bin my procedure for verifying and checking turning diameter on every machine I have owned for over 30 years.
    The only thing I can do on the Fanuc is pause it and resume using stop/start buttons. Can’t stop chuck, can’t jog unless I hit the reset button. If I do that the program then starts at beginning.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: 21i-t program pause??

You will need to have the option "manual handle retrace" enabled to do what you want to do.
    Good luck

That option eases the process but is not required.

A few questions;
    If you press the feed hold button and then a select a manual mode. Does the status on the bottom right of the screen change to the mode selected or does it remain "Auto"?
    If it remains Auto then the OEM has locked the functions while a program is active (Fanuc OP on). This would require a PMC change.

If the mode does change and you still can not manually retract the axis then I would suspect the OEM is placing the axis into interlock.

The Fanuc control does not inherently stop these functions on its own. They are all determined by the PMC.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by oetkbyentc View Post
    That option eases the process but is not required.

A few questions;
    If you press the feed hold button and then a select a manual mode. Does the status on the bottom right of the screen change to the mode selected or does it remain "Auto"?
    If it remains Auto then the OEM has locked the functions while a program is active (Fanuc OP on). This would require a PMC change.

If the mode does change and you still can not manually retract the axis then I would suspect the OEM is placing the axis into interlock.

The Fanuc control does not inherently stop these functions on its own. They are all determined by the PMC.
    Remains in "Auto" Nothing else can be selected until you hit reset.
    What do I look for in the ladder program to correct this?

The PMC programmer may have put Keep Relays in the logic to allow slight changes in operation or its just hard programmed..

You need to find the mode selection area of the ladder. See if you can find G bits MD1, MD2, MD3 (assuming Fanuc symbol names were used). Depending on how the ladder was written you may be able to figure out if a change is needed to get the operation you want or if there are K bits to change operation.

I dont have manuals available to give you the address' sorry.