Oldschool Victor 1640 with Fanuc 20i-T control help.

Thread: Oldschool Victor 1640 with Fanuc 20i-T control help.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Oldschool Victor 1640 with Fanuc 20i-T control help.

Bought this lathe from a school sight unseen, got it to the shop and it look new for a 2002-2003 era machine. Powered up and runs great. I am new to cnc lathes in general, but not cnc mills and manual lathes. I have never run a Fanuc controller and it has been interesting. I dont have any of the books, but basically would like to use Fusion 360 CAM and load the gcode into the controller and run. I have a cable that I was told was correct after looking at the serial, but havent been able to verify as I dont know how to load programs. Does anyone have any advice that can help me? I ordered the books from Fanuc, but due to the age of the controller they are saying 60-90 day turn around time for the materials to be printed in Japan and shipped via row boat to my location...

Please help

Joe

Similar Threads:

Default Re: Oldschool Victor 1640 with Fanuc 20i-T control help.

Are you going to be comfortable with viewing and setting parameters in the control or the software to get communication going?

May even be worth-while looking for someone local to come in and just go over basic Fanuc operation. Even a 1/2 day can do wonders. Some companies have even held on to the older manuals and may be able to provide them.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Oldschool Victor 1640 with Fanuc 20i-T control help.

When you need to make the application or site you make the arrangement or draw the sketch. After this, you have to think about the coding and appropriate programming, also you need to check resume help for unique tips and ideas. You give marvelous thoughts which are so astonishing and helpful.