Need Help! Formatting CF Card in CNC/PC

Thread: Formatting CF Card in CNC/PC

Question Formatting CF Card in CNC/PC

Hello,

I have Amada Vipros 2510C TPT with Fanuc 18i-PB.

It does have Mcard slot near display. I have purchased Transcend CF card 1 GB along with PCMCIA adaptor and card reader (for PC).

I tried connecting the card via card reader to my Win 10 x64 Laptop but windows in unable to format the card before using. I tried many 3rd party programs also for this but still can not format.

Next I tried putting it in my CNC and booted Fanuc in that backup/boot mode using soft keys and tried the format memory card option. but my CNC stays on blinking "Formatting memory Card" forever. I waited almost 15 minutes or more, it still says formatting memory Card.

Is there any way I can format this card for sure?

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Formatting CF Card in CNC/PC

Try searching your desktop for 'Creating and Formatting Partitions'

Then see if your flash drive is listed. I've had the best luck on Fanuc controls when you format a single partition to 256MB with the name 'FANUC LTD' as FAT16. I know it's a waste of the rest of the card's memory, but it hasn't given me any problems even when doing SRAM backups.

If you still can't see it on your computer, you might have driver problems or a bad card or reader.

Quote Originally Posted by PNaedele View Post
    Try searching your desktop for 'Creating and Formatting Partitions'

Then see if your flash drive is listed. I've had the best luck on Fanuc controls when you format a single partition to 256MB with the name 'FANUC LTD' as FAT16. I know it's a waste of the rest of the card's memory, but it hasn't given me any problems even when doing SRAM backups.

If you still can't see it on your computer, you might have driver problems or a bad card or reader.
    I do see it in my disk management as below:
    https://prnt.sc/15n24rl

It says RAW. I tried formatting from here but still can not.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by stuffsneak View Post
    Next I tried putting it in my CNC and booted Fanuc in that backup/boot mode using soft keys and tried the format memory card option. but my CNC stays on blinking "Formatting memory Card" forever. I waited almost 15 minutes or more, it still says formatting memory Card.
    ...15 mins may not be enough to full format, depending on write speed and size of your CF card....might take hours.

Downloads
    Uploads

i would suggest a 256MB card for 18i-B system
    you also can try to format the card on the boot menu of the NC