Fanuc 16iA, SRAM Memory Card Backup

Thread: Fanuc 16iA, SRAM Memory Card Backup

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Fanuc 16iA, SRAM Memory Card Backup

I have a robodrill with a 16iA control. I had some problems recently and ended up with a 'ghost control' with all params deleted. Luckily on this control all the params, ladder, and even macro programs are backed up in non-volatile flash or FRAM. You lose all your customization of any parameters though, all programs, work/tool offsets, i/o settings if they're not factory, and more things that I probably forgot to list.

I recovered from that issue mentioned above but the long way.

I'm interested in using the card reader on the left side of the control monitor to back up my SRAM so that if the control needs to be wiped for some future reason, I can hopefully just load all my stuff back on they fast way.

I have tried a sandisk PCMCIA to CF adapter, with a 32mb CF card. If I try to format that card I get a 'NMI occurred please power down' alarm. I did reading on forums, found that some had luck with an old PCMCIA ATA memory card rather than using an adapter. I bought one of these cards sandisk pn SDP3B-64 which is approved for the 'i model A' controls per the below PDF, but I got the same error 'NMI occurred....' I have also read that some fanuc controls wanted to use an older style of memory that was expensive called SRAM and apparently has the form of a PCMCIA card too.

I have a PDF (attached for anyones ref) from fanuc, explaining that the particular family of sandisk ATA card bought should work in the 16i, but it didnt anyway for me. Anyone with experience with these cards think there could be something else going on wrong with my control?

Similar Threads:
    Attached Files Attached Files

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Fanuc 16iA, SRAM Memory Card Backup

Was your problem solved ? And How does fix it Now , i having same problem ,i surf and look at whatever forums which corncern cnc but doringly i can't find out.I have being used sandisk 512MB

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Jonyvu View Post
    Was your problem solved ? And How does fix it Now , i having same problem ,i surf and look at whatever forums which corncern cnc but doringly i can't find out.I have being used sandisk 512MB
    you need to get an SRAM card that has a battery inside. they were made by a lot of companies but now they're rare. ideally you'd get one that is larger than your sram (512K or 1MB or 2MB). these are typically about $200 to $500 on ebay. Then you need to get a windows xp computer that has a card reader (same port type that's on the fanuc, same as a PCMCIA card) the SRAM card will plug in there, but if you try to read it on a newer computer it will not read.

it is my understanding that some 16iMA controls can read flash cards, but mine cannot.

I have a fanuc 16iM-B on a different machine, it can read flash cards for example.

Downloads
    Uploads

Oh , you need to know my story before the problem occurred .I plugged my card in card reader of 4 takamaz x-10 cnc machines. They normally operated and i still could easily load and save data.But when i plugged my card in 5th machine the problem occurred like i told you in up . I tried to format my card very times , changed the compact flash adapter and memory card but nothing has happened and I turned around and plugged again my card into 4 machines that normally operated before that but unfortunately they didn't operated like before except machines using fanuc series oi-tf which is normally operating
    My machines using typically fanuc series 21i-TB