Need Help! Idiot Proofing a Process - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Idiot Proofing a Process

Downloads
    Uploads

Default re: Idiot Proofing a Process

Here is the updated ladder. I tied X10.2 to fixture A selected and X10.3 to fixture B selected. #1000 = 1 fixture A in machine, #1001 = 1 then fixture B is in the machine. If both switches are ever on at the same time then you will get an alarm and the machine will not run. If you set Keep Relay K12.0 to a 1 it will ignore these changes.

Attached Files Attached Files

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by drdos View Post
    Here is the updated ladder. I tied X10.2 to fixture A selected and X10.3 to fixture B selected. #1000 = 1 fixture A in machine, #1001 = 1 then fixture B is in the machine. If both switches are ever on at the same time then you will get an alarm and the machine will not run. If you set Keep Relay K12.0 to a 1 it will ignore these changes.
    Thank you very much! Now I just need to get my boss to order those switches. In the meantime, while I am waiting for the switches, I assume I can just put a jumper between +24v and x10.2 or x10.3 to verify the ladder file and that the variables are switching between 1 and 0 as they should?

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by ADVCOLE View Post
    Thank you very much! Now I just need to get my boss to order those switches. In the meantime, while I am waiting for the switches, I assume I can just put a jumper between +24v and x10.2 or x10.3 to verify the ladder file and that the variables are switching between 1 and 0 as they should?
    yes. I recommend that you do that...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12