Newbie Need Help with setup the new mill, 4 axis uses Fanuc Oi MF plus

Thread: Need Help with setup the new mill, 4 axis uses Fanuc Oi MF plus

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Need Help with setup the new mill, 4 axis uses Fanuc Oi MF plus

Hello everyone,

I am a newcomer in the cnc machining industry and desperate for some directions and guidance.

I have been working on cad/cam software for laser and punching turrets before, and now I am with a 4 axis mill with a Fanuc control Oi MF Plus. I followed the assembly instructions, and I am studying the Manuals for programming, so I have so much to learn.

I am stuck at a point where i don't know and have been researching forums but can't seem to solve the problem. I have an Soft overtravel alarm for z+. cant home x, y and z, 4th rotates and homes. maybe i did something wrong with the assembly for the z axis stopper and gas cylinder install? anyone willing to take an enthusiast under their wing? any help is appreciated.

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Need Help with setup the new mill, 4 axis uses Fanuc Oi MF plus-2021-04-23_16-06-52-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Need Help with setup the new mill, 4 axis uses Fanuc Oi MF plus

I can update about the soft overtravel 500 alarm on +z, it is no longer there. the machine and relative coordinates are all zero zero zero. maybe i could reinstall the nitrogen balance cylinder? will that work?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Need Help with setup the new mill, 4 axis uses Fanuc Oi MF plus

Quote Originally Posted by thatcncguy View Post
    I can update about the soft overtravel 500 alarm on +z, it is no longer there. the machine and relative coordinates are all zero zero zero. maybe i could reinstall the nitrogen balance cylinder? will that work?
    Go ahead and install it. IF the overtravel alarm comes back simply press and hold P along with the CAN (cancel button) while you power up. Then the software overtravel alarm will be ignored while you home the machine.